Author Topic: corona lights noise  (Read 4020 times)

2014-07-15, 22:08:06

Lyzdeika

hi, is it normal that i have to increase light sampling to 50 until sphere light noise disapears? in my test scene subdivs 2 is fine scale is the same and there is no noise.
can not figure out problem why sampling 2 is not enough. system units meters. is that a bug? or something is not right in my corona settings?

2014-07-16, 11:09:47
Reply #1

Lyzdeika

still waiting for any  answer is that a bug and how to fix it
« Last Edit: 2014-07-16, 11:58:32 by Lyzdeika »

2014-07-16, 12:20:13
Reply #2

Lyzdeika

if i isolate only ground and lights there is no noise. rendering with material override grey corona shader. can not understand why it is isolated rendered fine and with all objects noise apears

if i hide lights inside building - everthing renders without noise on the ground with exterior lights turned on. i tried render region what is happening inside building with lights on in roomd there is much noise there. and for reason i dont know these interio noisy lights impact exterior ligts.

after all tests i come to conlcusion if i turn all interior lights total 228 noise apears. is the count of lights affect noise of lights?
« Last Edit: 2014-07-16, 12:43:44 by Lyzdeika »

2014-07-18, 19:14:10
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
There is currently a limitation that light sampling gets inefficient after about 240 lights are placed in the scene. It will be improved in the future versions. There is probably no bug in the scene - it looks normal, just takes longer to render (which is hard to judge since there are no details provided)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-29, 21:24:18
Reply #4

padre.ayuso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is currently a limitation that light sampling gets inefficient after about 240 lights are placed in the scene. It will be improved in the future versions. There is probably no bug in the scene - it looks normal, just takes longer to render (which is hard to judge since there are no details provided)
Hi Ondra, I get that a bit right now. I'm using A7.1 and I have 900 lights... Is there an update to handle this? Thanks for your fast response.

2014-10-30, 14:03:47
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
not yet, you would have to manually merge some of the close lights together
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)