Author Topic: CR rendering shows that an object cannot bring out shadows  (Read 357 times)

2024-08-27, 08:21:24

mark_yang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
When single rendering an object in VR, we can right-click on the VR property settings and render it to bring out shadows, but Corona cannot. Single rendering objects have always been unable to bring out shadows, which is extremely inconvenient for our animation rendering. This problem has plagued us for many years. I have uploaded the test video to WeTransfer. If you are interested, please download and watch it. thankhttps://we.tl/t-4C2rQdYaZQ

2024-08-27, 17:38:29
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a suggestion, I would advise against using a shortened version of a name that means something else. VR has an accepted meaning of Virtual Reality, which left me rather confused on first reading this post. Calling it V-Ray would have avoided that confusion :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2024-08-28, 06:44:19
Reply #2

mark_yang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a suggestion, I would advise against using a shortened version of a name that means something else. VR has an accepted meaning of Virtual Reality, which left me rather confused on first reading this post. Calling it V-Ray would have avoided that confusion :)
Ok, Sorry, I will pay attention when I post next time. We are all accustomed to abbreviated as VRorCR here~>_<~

2024-08-28, 14:35:05
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This is possible in Corona too, but we take a different approach. Rather than choose object properties to define the object as a shadow catcher, we use the Corona Shadowcatcher material - paint the plane (or any object) with this material, and then you can achieve the same result. So, same thing, just applied as a material rather than creating an "object properties" menu. See https://docs.chaos.com/display/CRMAX/Corona+Shadow+Catcher+Material . Thanks!

2024-08-29, 08:20:11
Reply #4

mark_yang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is possible in Corona too, but we take a different approach. Rather than choose object properties to define the object as a shadow catcher, we use the Corona Shadowcatcher material - paint the plane (or any object) with this material, and then you can achieve the same result. So, same thing, just applied as a material rather than creating an "object properties" menu. See https://docs.chaos.com/display/CRMAX/Corona+Shadow+Catcher+Material . Thanks!
Thank you for your reply. I didn't have a good understanding of the principles of Corona+Shadow+Catcher+Material before. I just tested it and it works. This problem has been bothering us for several years. Thank you again for your reply. I hope you are happy every day

2024-08-29, 13:57:36
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Excellent news that it answered the question and lets you achieve the result you want, and you are welcome! We're always happy to help out :)