Author Topic: Tiling a material on decal? How to? [SOLVED]  (Read 611 times)

2024-01-11, 20:58:10

Giovanni Stengel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone, is it possibile to use tile a material on corona decal? I am using corona 11.

I have a polished concrete material with his uvw map and I want to overlap on this just the bump of another cracked concrete material with a totally different dimension.
If I use the new corona decal, checking only bump (or bump and displace), I don't see the option to tile this material.

Any suggestions? Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: 2024-01-12, 11:39:03 by Giovanni Stengel »

2024-01-11, 21:44:53
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Use real-world mapping on both, decal object and in material that's assigned to it. Your textures will be tiled automatically then.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2024-01-12, 11:38:25
Reply #2

Giovanni Stengel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Romuluss! Then I used corona triplanar map to control the scale of the material since it is not possibile to apply uvw modifier on corona decal.

2024-01-12, 12:10:19
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Triplanar is not needed for decals, it's only useful for objects that have no UVs, or when attaining reasonably good UVs is impractical. Decals have perfect UVs and when you want to adjust texture size and/or tiling, you do this in texture maps themselves. Enabling real-world mapping in decal object and in texture will make sure that you'll have consistent texture size across different decal objects.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures