Author Topic: Texture link behavior problem  (Read 1059 times)

2023-11-09, 10:55:03

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm having trouble with texture links working in Corona materials. When I add a defined material to my material library (c4dlib) - it automatically loses its link to the textures on my disk and replaces it with a link to the copied texture in the library (e.g. preset://-corona mats.lib4d/Wood/tex/12_1_3_d. jpg) In native C4D materials and in Vray, the material maintains a link to the texture on disk (e.g. D:\\_textures\12_1_3_d.jpg). (See attachments).
I don't want to have a double copy of every texture I have. Is there any way to configure Corona's material settings so that they don't behave so strangely when added to the material library?

2023-11-09, 11:44:16
Reply #1

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Can you try converting it to a Corona material and replace the Corona bitmap with a standard C4D bitmap to see if it helps?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-11-09, 12:08:35
Reply #2

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
I've tried it. No - It doesn't help...

2023-11-09, 12:40:43
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Can you send us a scene to test? If so, please use the link in my signature below.
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-11-09, 13:04:39
Reply #4

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, it is sent. It's nothing special. Simple material with one texture

2023-11-09, 13:51:16
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Thanks, I check it but it saves and loads just fine for me. What version of C4D & Corona are you using?

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-11-09, 14:08:58
Reply #6

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bengamin, but I do not want Corona to save the path of my textures to preset links. I want these links to keep paths on my hard drive, even after putting mat definitions to preset library. I have a lot of textures on specific folders on my HD, I do not want to double these filesto my mat library.

2023-11-09, 14:11:59
Reply #7

hankusp

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you create a native c4D material with texture from your HD -  let say E:/bitmaps/texture.jpg and I add it to my mat library it still keeps the path of E:/bitmaps/texture.jpg when I apply it to other scene. In Corona the link to HD is canceled. Why?