Author Topic: Corona_Out_Of_Core_Texture Trojan Win32/Sirefef!cfg  (Read 865 times)

2023-08-16, 15:31:59

gmh_2001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I've just  downloaded a surface map via MegaScans Bridge to 3dsmax (2024.1) and Ms Windows has thrown up a positive threat identifier in \CoronaRenderer\ImageTextureCache\Corona_Out_Of_Core_Texture Mip_Map_6.data. Really weird and never had anything like this before. It's most likely a false positive and I know others have had issues with Corona_Out_Of_Core_Texture. Anyone else had Sirefef!cfg flagged?

2023-08-16, 16:57:37
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If the specific file still exists, you can upload it here and have it scanned by multiple antivirus software at once: 
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-08-16, 17:31:32
Reply #2

gmh_2001

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi it no longer exists. I have re-saved the textures including a .exr as jpegs in the job folder. If I repath back to the megascans folder Ms defender immediately flags the Corona textures cache. The megascans maps themselves aren't being flagged. I'll upload when I get a chance. I don't think it's a trojan but it will break a scene file without isolating the maps and saving them as jpegs.

Yesterday at 01:00:48
Reply #3

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
I've had this same trojan flagged when opening some files and it points to the same location.