Author Topic: Scatter edge trimming shader  (Read 4763 times)

2022-10-11, 15:28:49
Reply #15

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No time to look at the scene, but not sure if you have a way of using the edge of the blanket as some edge for the scatter (coz the blanket wouldn't be a spline). If all else fails, you should be able to use a Distance map, set to "Distance to" the blanket, into the distribution map of the scatter (now that distribution maps are supported :) )
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-10-11, 22:09:56
Reply #16

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Originally I took a looped edge of the blanket and converted to a spline and dropped that into the spline exclude box. Doesn't seem to do anything. Cancel that. I am more confused then ever, but now it is working (somewhat). 
Apparently this is not the correct tool for this instance. In my little test scene the blanket falls out of the image area on the x axis so it would work but what if I wanted to pull back the camera and get the whole blanket in the scene. The include/exclude areas only work on one axis. And you cannot use the same spline more then once to apply to different axis. I suppose I could break up the spline and use some parts for the z axis and the other for the x axis.
Don't know why it now works. I wanted to try what TomG suggested but putting a distance shader into the Distribution slot of Surface Scattering slowed my system down a bunch and eventually crashed. So I lost the scene and just reloaded the one I uploaded here. Then I tried to redownload the grass from Cosmos but now the newly updated version of Cosmos was giving me an error that the installer could not be found! Quitting Cosmos and restarting seemed to fix that problem. But I still cannot use certain Cosmos Fabrics. So I just had to use a rug for my blanket.
On a side note, Sorry I'm hijacking this too, I didn't notice the beer in Cosmos before. I know everyone thinks American beer is fn close to water, but this is ridiculous. Or there is something wrong with the beer_mtl. I'll just file that over at the Bugs Reporting along with some other observations after I have a real west coast IPA...It's just not been my day!

2022-10-12, 08:05:50
Reply #17

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, have you tried using a different grass model? Seems to work better with smaller clumps rather than larger ones. As for the American beer (no comment) ;) There is some good beer shaders in our material library. The one from Cosmos has some issues and I will report it.

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2022-10-12, 13:50:18
Reply #18

Pepelecrabb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's a new day! Thanks once again Bengamin.

2022-10-12, 13:56:56
Reply #19

Beanzvision

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
You're most welcome! :)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!