Author Topic: New Frame Buffer icons  (Read 25421 times)

2014-03-03, 08:47:46
Reply #30

ogneed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good feedback. Thank you.
In closest couple days I will try few other colors. And maybe other shapes. And we will see what thinking Keymaster.

2014-06-21, 19:44:55
Reply #31

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Ok, Icons! This version was the best so far:

but now I feel that it needs some tweaks. This is how the VFB looks now - after skinning, with old icons:

Now the ogneed's icons:
start/stop: OK
Save: it looks weird, i would never be able to tell it is a floppy. We need a better floppy image.
To max: I would make it look more like 3dsmax teapot. Now it has wrong proportions. But this is low-priority
Copy, refresh: OK
Erase: Now it IMHO looks like "cancel render". Maybe we can switch it for an eraser?
Stats is no longer named stats, but tools, so we need new icon for it.

Anyone up for the task? ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-06-22, 13:39:51
Reply #32

ogneed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is good news :)
I'll do changes on closest week.
Btw, i have some idea for history.
Red frame around render preview - this is means what image selected.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-22, 13:44:53 by ogneed »

2014-06-22, 15:08:41
Reply #33

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Region !! Nice to see !
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-06-27, 15:17:17
Reply #34

Cyanhide

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Region, woot! Any chance we will be getting selection render?

2014-10-05, 14:10:20
Reply #35

vladoVIZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I am primarily a GUI Designer, so don´t be shocked because I rearranged some parts of the GUI.

- Grouped the Icons based on function; File handling, Render control and  Image viewing.
- Used the Corona "CI Colors" for the Interface. The benefit is that you can use the same Framebuffer for all different Platforms
- flipped the Tabs to the side so (if needed) there is more space to add additional tabs. There is less need to use abbreviations.
- Merged the Render & Stop to a single Button so they work more like a switch. You hit "Render" and the Button changes to "Stop"
I always found myself tying to stop the rendering process by clicking on "Render". In 3ds Max the Render-Button changes to "Cancel" while rendering.
Additionally I placed the "Render Button" away for the Window-Control-Buttons so nobody hits accidentally "Close Window" by trying to stop the rendering.   
- Added a Menubar, to make it future proof, in case you add functionality that can´t be displayed as an Icons.
Icons should be always optional never mandatory.
- Added magnifying Option
- Added Render Region
- Added History Tab

2014-10-05, 14:17:27
Reply #36

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I like it.
I'm just not sure about the file/edit/view menus, it's a bit like adding another 3ds max inside 3ds max. I've never seen this in any vfb before but I don't see it as an innovation.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-10-05, 15:20:19
Reply #37

rampally

• Active Users
    • View Profile
it looks like modo in 3ds max any how its somewhat ok for me

2014-10-05, 17:23:07
Reply #38

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz

2014-10-05, 18:26:47
Reply #39

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I am primarily a GUI Designer, so don´t be shocked because I rearranged some parts of the GUI.

- Grouped the Icons based on function; File handling, Render control and  Image viewing.
- Used the Corona "CI Colors" for the Interface. The benefit is that you can use the same Framebuffer for all different Platforms
- flipped the Tabs to the side so (if needed) there is more space to add additional tabs. There is less need to use abbreviations.
- Merged the Render & Stop to a single Button so they work more like a switch. You hit "Render" and the Button changes to "Stop"
I always found myself tying to stop the rendering process by clicking on "Render". In 3ds Max the Render-Button changes to "Cancel" while rendering.
Additionally I placed the "Render Button" away for the Window-Control-Buttons so nobody hits accidentally "Close Window" by trying to stop the rendering.   
- Added a Menubar, to make it future proof, in case you add functionality that can´t be displayed as an Icons.
Icons should be always optional never mandatory.
- Added magnifying Option
- Added Render Region
- Added History Tab

Very nice concept.. not sure about the render button though. I think far left position would be much better and much easier/faster to access and region and refresh would be nice to the right, right next to zoom options

2014-10-07, 12:53:12
Reply #40

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I like it a lot too, esp. the vertical tabs on right, which is much cleaner and easier to look at, also more logical as you can navigate more tabs there.
I have same issue as Maru, the very top line (File/Edit,etc..) is unncecessary for Framebuffer, and makes it beefy again. I would love to framebuffer be as lean as possible, features and design wise.

I like it though :- ) Finally something that moves away from the overly...ehm, Win95/Indiesoft view.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-07, 17:51:05
Reply #41

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Nice design vlado i like it it's even better that i was waiting for.

Render button for me is ok it's better to be in the center for a fast decision to render.

2014-10-07, 20:24:23
Reply #42

vladoVIZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the appreciation.

The "Menubar" seem to provoke some animosities among some Users.
As already mentioned, sooner or later the Framebuffer is going to get a feature that can´t be translated as an Icon, nevertheless this is something that
the developers have to decide eventually - It is more a responsibility to establish usability that a personal preference.

2014-10-07, 20:30:26
Reply #43

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2014-10-07, 22:49:34
Reply #44

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I really looks great. I would just change the way vertical tabs labels are written, reverse them, you know bottom up. Like in blueprints: