Author Topic: Image overlay (image cover) in VFB  (Read 48902 times)

2019-07-25, 17:15:07
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
But you could do that with renderstamp... right?

Yes, but not in that lovely yellow :]

BTW, this doesn't mean that i vote for overlay request. IMO, this should be left for photoshop.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-07-26, 10:58:17
Reply #16

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Just adding similar topics:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22734.0
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16574.0

I would also vote against adding anything like this to cVFB (reasons in one of the above), but I would love to see Corona team investigating if there could be reasonable script support doing something like that matching Coronas (VFB-) technology.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-07-26, 11:39:14
Reply #17

MikhailSinyavin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, the idea is't understood. For some reason, the whole discussion has been reduced to adding watermark. You can add watermark in Photoshp (static render) or AE (animation).
 By proposing this function, I meant other things ((.

2019-07-26, 13:51:57
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Logged basic version of this "logo overlay" in our internal tracker (I am now hiding away to avoid the wrath of the gods).
(internal id=378932518)

Unfortunately, the idea is't understood. For some reason, the whole discussion has been reduced to adding watermark. You can add watermark in Photoshp (static render) or AE (animation).
 By proposing this function, I meant other things ((.
If we did not fully understand your request, then please explain how exactly you would like to use this. What works best for us is "I would like to use this to............I would also like to use it as a way to.............oh, and additionally it could be used to........., which would be really cool".
So far I understood that you would like to overlay an existing bitmap on top of the VFB, with transparency respected, and in your video there is also an option to decide what is in front and what is in the back, based on scene alpha and/or zdepth.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-27, 00:22:19
Reply #19

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As i imagined it in the other thread not only could you watermark and choose to tile that watermark across the whole image (perhaps with transform controls) But also just add any image in a corner, with transparency respected.

I see why some prefer to do it in post but when we arent doing any post or CC it would be amazing to just have the output ready to send to the client especially for test renders etc.
Also removes a step in an animation potentially speeding up encoding.

2019-07-29, 17:39:23
Reply #20

Place

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 to this!
I'd like to use it to test PNG files with some glass objects and a black background and a a black shadowcatcher.
Shadows and reflactions are difficolt to evaluate and it would be usefull to simply select an image or another as background to see if it's working well with few clicks.
Now I have to save as png, open it with ps add a flat color layer and finally check it... than make some adjustment, save to png, open it with ps... etc

Man

2019-07-30, 01:55:38
Reply #21

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
As i imagined it in the other thread not only could you watermark and choose to tile that watermark across the whole image (perhaps with transform controls) But also just add any image in a corner, with transparency respected.

I see why some prefer to do it in post but when we arent doing any post or CC it would be amazing to just have the output ready to send to the client especially for test renders etc.
Also removes a step in an animation potentially speeding up encoding.

The one huge disadvantage by doing it in the render, is if you need to change the overlay, you need to rerender the entire image again, potentially wasting hours of time. By doing it in post, it takes a few seconds.

2019-07-30, 08:01:07
Reply #22

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
It's about those daily preview iterations. We regularly render out a sequence of 10-20 key frames (camera positions) with geometric or perspective changes, sometimes multiple times a day. The images themselves may need only 5 Min. in HD resolution and they get no additional post processing. Grab output, send it to all participating is all what I want to do in this case. But the output should be watermarked/stamped as such a preview (we had our experiences when not doing so :) But again, as mentioned, this could/should be done with either a post render script (which then also may create a watermarked copy) or any external context menu script, no need to waste precious developer time for this imho.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-07-30, 10:26:02
Reply #23

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This could also be done as a render element that can be enabled/disabled in the vfb. Its then non-destructuve if youre rendering to CXR.
I agree this doesnt need developer attention right now.

2019-07-30, 11:00:16
Reply #24

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
This could also be done as a render element that can be enabled/disabled in the vfb. Its then non-destructuve if youre rendering to CXR.

Hm, what would that change? If you'd turn it on, your beauty render would be ruined, if you'd turn it off, you still would need to comp it in post and that would defeat purpose of this request.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-07-30, 11:47:50
Reply #25

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hm, what would that change? If you'd turn it on, your beauty render would be ruined, if you'd turn it off, you still would need to comp it in post and that would defeat purpose of this request.

Well not necessarily. If youre rendering to CXR you could have the ability to enable/disable it in the VFB so if you ever needed it without you could reopen the cxr and save.

2020-10-26, 17:16:45
Reply #26

TatjanaO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Maybe I've missed it, but is there any progress in this topic? Let's say I need to align all camera views to specific grid. Would be perfect if I could overlay grid map on the camera view to align.

2020-10-30, 08:26:17
Reply #27

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually VFB+ has the tool called Stamper, where you can add multiple layers of texts or image based watermarks to your renders. Good thing, that you can use it even if your primary VFB set to Corona VFB - if you have VFB+ installed, it will copy each stopped (not cancelled) rendered picture with all Corona VFB's adjustments in to it's Render History buffer and could be recalled simply pressing standard Max's Show Rendered Frame Window, so you can save your image with all Stamper's layers from there manually, or, if I remember right, you can set to save rendered images automatically to the hard drive.

Plus that you can add watermarks to existing pictures - VFB+ has option to load image in it.

BTW I love VFB+'s Render History - it can compare 2 different size images in it's VFB. It's really good to have it as additional tool.
« Last Edit: 2020-10-30, 10:48:01 by Bormax »