Author Topic: Corona color correct map and corona roundedges  (Read 1650 times)

2019-06-26, 18:01:13

XLS88

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I have a question about two maps.
1)If I need to make a diffuse map of reflection and gloss, I have no problem using corona color correct map. But when I try to change the same map bump, the effect does NOT occur. However, if you take the standard map ds max color correction, the bump changes without problems.
2)When using corona round edges and attached geometry, the map shows its effect not only on the faces that are at an angle, but also on the faces BETWEEN the attached objects. I am attaching a screenshot. How do I make it so that the effect is ONLY on the corners at the edges (with the attached object). An example of a box and a second box attached to it

Thanks in advance for your reply.

2019-06-26, 18:43:10
Reply #1

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For 1, I thought CoronaColorCorrect was specifically meant to be able to work on bump, too, not sure why it doesn't here... good question!
For 2, you can specify the rounded edges to appear only on same material, same object etc in the map's options. Does this help? You may also want to try the legacy behavior, it worked in a different way, maybe that one does what you need.

2019-06-26, 18:57:02
Reply #2

jrgby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1. did you try adding a CoronaBumpConverter map into the chain?
2. in RoundEdges map ticking 'Legacy behaviour' I think is what you're after.

2019-06-26, 20:54:35
Reply #3

XLS88

• Users
    • View Profile
Pokoy and Jrby.:
Thanks for the reply, Yes indeed color correct resolved the issue using bump converter. And with the separation inside the geometry using Legacy Behavior. Thank you very much for your clarifications.