Author Topic: would buy used 3ds max 2017  (Read 15042 times)

2019-05-25, 10:33:55

urbanite

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3ds max v2017 or above, with or without maintenance, Europe. PM me.

2019-05-27, 14:10:13
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to transfer an Autodesk license except under very specific circumstances, as listed on https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/activate/transfer-licenses/transfer-ownership-licenses

Unless someone can point to information from Autodesk that says otherwise, we'll have to delete this request, as it would be invalid.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-27, 14:36:16
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
You can do that in the EU because we have laws that force companies to enable us to do just that :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-05-27, 14:48:30
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Anything from Autodesk that explains the process (e.g. still needs the written confirmation from them for the transfer)?

2019-05-27, 16:04:35
Reply #4

urbanite

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom

It is not doggy advert. I do have offers from legal companies of transferring licence (directly with autodesk or reseller) it is just not the versions I need. You cannot do it in US but in EU there were some legal case, I think in 2012 or something, where the EU Court reject Autodesk claims that cannot do it. You can and this is happening. But I am not surprised that they do not advert this.

Best,
Tomek

2019-05-27, 16:09:57
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Always have to check :) So long as any sale or transfer is done within the laws that apply, and meet any conditions required by Autodesk, all is good.

2019-05-27, 19:09:43
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
This is indeed legal in European Union, companies's EULA can safely be ignored. On the origin of this precedence: https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=d1ff4369-afcc-4879-97fa-7a8afd8b3380
Autodesk's opinion is irrelevant.

BUT, you will not get any support or whatsover. Not that you would ever need one :- ). At some point, they won't even provide you with installer, so better keep one yourself with all service packs.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-05-30, 12:12:40
Reply #7

urbanite

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well, if you read my post you will find out that it is me who want to buy the program;)