Author Topic: Wet Wood and the Dreamless Slumber  (Read 2960 times)

2019-03-13, 07:48:30

bartosz.domiczek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!
I am currently working on a bigger personal project, which can be creatively exhausting as it means a long streak without any specific results. That's why I comfort myself with this kind of tiny weekend pieces. It's the modernist villa, the kind that has already had its best time behind (but still in pretty good shape!). It combines some feelings that I have when arriving at the mountain cabin in the middle of autumn and the memory of visiting the house I live now for the first time (which also has some kind of poor-modernism features). The full project can be found here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/77365681/Wet-Wood-and-the-Dreamless-Slumber Enjoy!

2019-03-13, 09:05:51
Reply #1

PMVis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • moreton
Fantastic work and lovely mood! I especially like the rain/condensation on the windowpanes. How did you achieve that effect?

2019-03-13, 09:31:22
Reply #2

bartosz.domiczek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, Philip. Generally, I just played around until I liked the results. There are two versions of this glass (one with just the droplets in the normal channel on the external surface and the second one with the droplets + refraction glossiness variation that would create a few levels of subtle streaks) and they are combined with the mask which controls the amount of fogginess according to the windows' geometry and generates bolder smudges.

2019-03-13, 10:32:32
Reply #3

PMVis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • moreton
Thank you, Philip. Generally, I just played around until I liked the results. There are two versions of this glass (one with just the droplets in the normal channel on the external surface and the second one with the droplets + refraction glossiness variation that would create a few levels of subtle streaks) and they are combined with the mask which controls the amount of fogginess according to the windows' geometry and generates bolder smudges.

Thanks for the info! I have been trying to recreate this effect myself with little success so far. If you have time I would love to see a screenshot of the material in question.

2019-03-14, 17:20:02
Reply #4

Strctur

• Active Users
  • I like to narrate 3d visual histories
    • View Profile
Nice warm and cloudy space! Good work man!
Thanks for watching
Follow me on behance.com/strctur