Author Topic: Indiana  (Read 6785 times)

2018-02-27, 03:57:04

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys create scene inspired model minotti indiana .. living exterior

2018-02-28, 19:42:27
Reply #1

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi well done.
For a current project I need a texture like the one you have used for wall (granite the stone tiles).
Can you tell me where you have found/bought the texture?

Thanks

2018-02-28, 21:02:00
Reply #2

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Like an always, very nice set of images - well done!
Can I ask you about lighting settings you've used here? I always have a problem with overexposed outside objects and normally I have to do some post in Photoshop to make them look better. What about this project - did you do something with those trees in post, or you found some balanced lighting setup to get bright enough interior and not overexposed trees outside?
« Last Edit: 2018-02-28, 21:30:27 by Bormax »

2018-03-01, 11:27:53
Reply #3

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi

johan belmans - pm with your email i send to you what i have

Bormax - try to individualize (channels)  image only visible (image background) and same image for light .
in this case you can control each one and find some balance with 2 channels  (visible and GI light)
no post production in this images this is raw render... no tree post prod. only small color correction inside textures

thks in advance ..guys

2018-03-01, 11:48:39
Reply #4

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Wow very nice, congrats !
The last image (close up) is insane , I love it :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2018-03-01, 15:23:20
Reply #5

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thks nicolas :)

2018-03-01, 16:07:19
Reply #6

lukx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bormax - try to individualize (channels)  image only visible (image background) and same image for light .
in this case you can control each one and find some balance with 2 channels  (visible and GI light)
no post production in this images this is raw render... no tree post prod. only small color correction inside textures

thks in advance ..guys

Grate renders. Would love to see tutorial how you do this channels trick.

2018-03-01, 20:44:55
Reply #7

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile

thks in advance ..guys

Grate renders. Would love to see tutorial how you do this channels trick.

Thanks pmcf1981!
+1. Would be really nice to see more about your channels trick

2018-03-01, 21:56:01
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Are you guys aware he means simple Environment Override right (or Rayswitch if you use plane geometry) ? Simply put underexposed version into directly visible override (Environment or Rayswitch).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-03-02, 02:35:07
Reply #9

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you guys aware he means simple Environment Override right (or Rayswitch if you use plane geometry) ? Simply put underexposed version into directly visible override (Environment or Rayswitch).

Hi Juraj
Actually my question was about 3D-objects which are placed outside the room. It's clear what to do with environment map or plane with some landscape picture on it. In this case I asked about big amount of 3D-trees placed between the apartment and plane background with cityscape picture on it (if I get scene structure right).
I asked because if I put outside the room some tree with materials settings which I use for exterior pictures, it's getting overexposed and washed out especially if we are talking about scenes with strong sun light. I understand, that it's correct that outside view from inside the room should be higher exposed in these kind of cases, but sometimes it's totally washed out and faded to white, which is not good for interior image overall even if it's physically correct. I do the simple trick saving two images with normal exposure for inner space and with lowered down exposure to get outside objects look better, and then compose these two images in Photoshop masking the window openings. I know that photographers are using the same workflow, but I would like know if it's possible to control these two parts of the final picture inside Corona

2018-03-02, 09:09:30
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am 100perc. sure that's just single photo outside.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-03-02, 10:01:11
Reply #11

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile

suppose it's a rayswitch what is the procedure you say? set multipass with ID material (rayswitch)? in any case you have to go from photoshop right?
thanks

2018-03-02, 10:12:38
Reply #12

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
I'm curious of the the way you use to achieve this great result. A "mini" tuto ?
On the other hand I really like, besides the superb textures (agree with Nico), the general lighting which is very soft and at the same time enough to see all the details.
Bravo!
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2018-03-02, 10:20:54
Reply #13

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
another question, the sky of the background image is of the photo? or is it the Corona sky ? I usually create a background image with the alpha channel but it is not a nice effect
thanks

2018-03-02, 12:35:46
Reply #14

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys

image outside is photo background

i can later make printscreens from this scene ..  its to simple not complicated

Juraj Talcik is right

Bormax - can you show use you problem in topic ... ?

depends on lot of things to much light sun or sky or tone mapping ajust .... 

we can help you if we see your images  :)