Author Topic: How to learn 3ds max and corona  (Read 4070 times)

2017-09-17, 23:16:47

Clockwork_Robot

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Recently I've been struggling to get to grips on both 3ds max and corona renderer. However, I really want to learn it but it's like trying to fly a jet fighter with the amount of options on offer. May I ask how did you guys learn 3ds max and corona. Is it just trial and error or did you learn it from books, videos on youtube, courses on the internet or in a classroom? I've used a few tutorials on udemy to learn 3ds max but can't find any really comprehensive material. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Clockwork_robot

2017-09-18, 07:46:27
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_5CpKKSI-YZhEWDt0fbhKA
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/home
this is all what you need! For most common parts corona team made video tutorials, just watch them. For some errors and mistake you can read Helpdesk. Corona very simple render and fast learning. Also it has great community what always help in forum.
For learning 3ds max it's more complicate, depend of what you want to create, but also there is many tutorials

2017-09-18, 10:12:04
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
As to Corona's render settings - use the defaults, and don't touch them. It will work just fine.

As to material creation, this requires some experience, but shouldn't be hard, and should be fun thing to do.

As to 3ds Max.... well, it depends what kind of scene you need. Max is mostly used for arch-viz, but it's capable of almost everything, from animations, through characters, to aircraft design. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-09-18, 10:27:14
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Max is mostly used for arch-viz, but it's capable of almost everything, from animations, through characters, to aircraft design. ;)

I'm not sure if i would want to fly with aircraft if i would know that 3ds max was involved in its designing process... :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-18, 13:15:11
Reply #4

Romas Noreika

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • romasnoreika
First block out what you want to learn and start small. Never start learning 5 programs at the same time.

Think of a project that you would love to do for you portfolio or just for learning. And start doing it.

You will learn what you will need along the way. If you will watch a tutorial and will not apply it, you will forget and it will be not very helpful.

I think you will learn best in practice. Just start creating you own projects. And start very small.

Good luck.

p.s - there is plenty of info online corona or max for learning things. And some of them you will have to discover yourself. :)
RN