Author Topic: Blender new viewport Eevee  (Read 54755 times)

2018-04-06, 13:25:48
Reply #45

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... GI cache will come to Cycles too ;)

2018-04-06, 13:28:23
Reply #46

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
So is your code or approach different than that of Vray, as I understand there is a Vray version for Blender?

Which works the same way as far as I know - it certainly uses V-Ray Standalone for rendering, just as the Corona Standalone is used. Presumably for the same licensing reasons :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-04-06, 13:35:25
Reply #47

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... GI cache will come to Cycles too ;)

Interresting, someone over at blenderartist mentioned to me that cycles will focus more on sampling improvement instead of this...

Anyways, regarding corona standalone + exporter, I don't have problem with that but not everything worked and I don't even know if it's being updated often.

2018-04-06, 17:33:56
Reply #48

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me, the only thing missing is corona.

The other big obstacle is being able to reuse about a decade of collected and produced models and scenes in 3ds Max/Vray/Corona format.

2018-04-08, 14:15:33
Reply #49

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Oh man, this is so much more than just having a pbr viewport.
I was using blender for a longer time, but last 3 months almost exclusively (aside some rendering) and while I had to adopt some concepts that seemed weird at first I gotta say it's incredible. I really can't believe what these guys done with this software in past few years. For me, the only thing missing is corona.
But cycles is progressing too (principled shader, cpu+gpu rendering, denoising, filmic color management...)

The 2.8 pbr viewport is to be fully compatible with cycles, same shaders. So you setup everything realtime and then just switch to rendering having the same shaders, no preview needed to check for materials. 2.8 is also to have lot's of workflow changes on how scene is organized etc... And in some video there was even talk that aside making a new game engine that uses eevee rendering they want to build some simplified tools that allows to build interactive scenes.

If you look at how much progress max goes through in a year or two and then compare to blender it's ridiculous. Not mentioning that there are addons for almost anything you want, and even whole customized branches of blender. Whenever I have to open max these days it feels like going 10 years back, slow and full of bs.

Sad thing is, I don't think blender will change it's licensing. I think, it's been working for them so far so I guess, why change?
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. The progress Blender has made is huge. Even Cycles right now is very intutive and works perfectly. In all honestly, Corona standalone doesn't work well with Blender unfortunately, some things work. Some don't. I am trying to redo somethings for a previous project and some nodes have stopped working, it's being a pain really. I don't also think Blender licensing will change anytime soon. Also eevee has been dope so far testing it. :- )

A lot of people and studios will keep using Autodesk products due to pipeline investments and familiarity. It has been in the industry for a long time so I understand changing pipeline will not be the best option. Still love 3dsmax. Also, the addons on Blenderartists forums being made by the community is just great. How they come up with these features astounds me. Reminds me of the awesome scripts for 3dsmax the community used to make.

Latest awesomeness with eevee:
« Last Edit: 2018-04-08, 23:01:37 by melviso »

2018-04-18, 11:21:29
Reply #50

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Blender's license and API type does not make the integration impossible (as proved by Vray), but rather difficult, because we need to go through several layers to circumvent the licensing and to convert to C++. Which is why we are not doing it at the moment. That might change if blender becomes more powerful and popular. We are watching it. But no work is being done, no plans to do it right now, and no "threshold" when we would start is set. It might happen, it might not.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-04-20, 22:56:08
Reply #51

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Thanks for the response, Ondra. No worries. Whenever you guys feel the time is right or it's discontinued. It is fine. :- )

I still like 3dsmax and Corona too.

2018-04-21, 22:32:52
Reply #52

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Me playing with eevee. Still very WIP:
Might flesh it out more. Shadows need more adjustments.

2018-05-10, 07:12:33
Reply #53

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Another nice animation someone did with Eevee;

« Last Edit: 2018-05-10, 18:52:49 by melviso »

2018-05-14, 04:35:38
Reply #54

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Particle hair support for Blender viewport eevee:

I have been wondering if this becomes competition for game engines. U can move around the scene in real time. Render out animations if u need to. Also u can render using Cycles for more photorealistic results, render out 360 images. I am wondering if they are planning on adding support for VR with the eevee engine. Does this eliminate the need for UE4? Since with this, lightmaps, export and import problems are completely eliminated.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-14, 13:12:33 by melviso »

2018-05-29, 18:17:08
Reply #55

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Testing Blender eevee. Materials are still very WIP. Scale issues will be fixed. This has actually given me some idea about using complete dynamic lighting for ue4. Will have to test it out to use if it's valid. Eevee does not require lightmaps at all for GI calculations. I wonder why this can't be implemented in game engines. Rendered straight from viewport. There seems to be a problem with opengl render whereas sun shadows are accurate in viewport. Render Time: 1 second.

2018-06-06, 17:36:36
Reply #56

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo

2019-05-05, 00:48:28
Reply #57

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
Some stuff some artists have done with Blender eevee. All rendered from viewport.

Also,if u are into character or cloth animation, checkout this blender addon :

Rigging made very easy!!
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06, 13:46:45 by melviso »

2019-08-04, 00:32:05
Reply #58

melviso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfoilo
 Blender 2.80 officially is out.

There are also two seperate branches which I would suggest u try out:

The sculpting branch with a lot of improved features:
https://blenderartists.org/t/pablo-dobarros-master-plan-for-sculpting-and-his-official-sculpting-branch/1150731
and
the UDIM painting branch (This is awesome):
https://blenderartists.org/t/udim-support-for-2-8-by-lukas-stockner-development-thread/1114538

They would be added to master in Blender 2.81 hopefully.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-04, 00:57:37 by melviso »