Author Topic: 3dsmax 2018 the lamest one in years...  (Read 24328 times)

2017-11-08, 21:05:00
Reply #45

kellymic

• Users
    • View Profile
What I really really like is you guys being active in the community and listening to  it - just like what you are doing right now. Kudos for that!

Great to hear!

My biggest concern, as always, are still your overlords (Autodesk). The track record has been spotty to say the least. By far the biggest issue for me though are the subscriptions - I just have a really hard time getting aboard with that.

Obviously the two statements above are probably nothing you can do about it but still :) From a pure software standpoint I  like the progress this year. Good work :)

Yeah, subscriptions and such are not something I work on. I can say though that there is a genuine and real commitment to 3ds Max and our group.  Everyone I work with are passionate and driven to continue putting our best into it.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-08, 21:49:01 by kellymic »
Kelly Michels
kelly.michels@autodesk.com
Senior 3ds Max QA / Beta Manager
Media & Entertainment Division Beta Manager - Autodesk

2017-11-08, 23:01:13
Reply #46

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
On the primary topic of this thread, how do you folks feel about the features in 3ds Max 2018 now that the three updates are out? 

We are working hard on quality, new features, and listening to you as well.

I like how 2018 file menu is back to the old style. But if you use the ALT+f, then the letter of the command, it does not execute the command. You have to hit Enter after it's highlighted. It sounds unimportant and not a priority but I am constantly resetting files, create new files and on many different computers. So utilizing the stock default environment is my only possibility, no customization for me. So if the plan was to revert back to the old menu, it's not quite there yet

2017-11-09, 09:24:04
Reply #47

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

We're just disappointed that 2018 has broken so many key basic features that were totally solid in 2016.

Please email me the issues you are referring to.  I apologize if you have already done this but I would like to be clear on all of this and take a look.

The biggest issue is that Autodesk unilateral broke up the contract between them and their clients, us.
We want our perpetual licenses back!

2017-11-09, 10:06:45
Reply #48

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
We are working hard on quality, new features, and listening to you as well.

Hello,

Nice to see someone from Autodesk around !
So if you really listen to users, please consider something: take a break from the new features, and focus HARD on stability / performance / bugs fixes. You'd be surprised how users would be delighted. We're about to jump from 2016 to 2018 in the next weeks (because of obscures licensing stuff), and I must admitt I'm a bit anxious.
As a user working on 3dsmax since v2.5, I'd be please to give feedback. So far, really disappointed on what 3dsmax has become (or not become ;) ).

Thanks,

Best regards.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-09, 10:11:21 by NicolasC »
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2017-11-09, 10:38:44
Reply #49

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

We're just disappointed that 2018 has broken so many key basic features that were totally solid in 2016.

Please email me the issues you are referring to.  I apologize if you have already done this but I would like to be clear on all of this and take a look.

Your colleague Raiden from tech support has been on the case with me for a few days, dealing with these issues. We have some tracker codes for a couple of them and the rest are under investigation. Cheers :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com