Author Topic: Node based material editing in beta 2 road map!!  (Read 5929 times)

2017-01-26, 17:01:53

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Frickin ace! Just seen this, really didnt think it would happen without C4D doing it first but really glad its on there. Cant wait to try it out.

2017-01-26, 21:28:53
Reply #1

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, looking forward to this too.

Just gotta hope Ales and Nikolat go down the road of a bespoke nodal system similar to what was done in Cycles recently. The Redshift nodal system is good, because it's nodal, but bad because it relies on Xpresso's archaic interface.

Still, can't have it all I guess, given the choice I'd take nodal with whatever interface.

2017-01-27, 09:22:26
Reply #2

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for a cycles-like node editor, that would be the real thing !

2017-02-10, 18:06:34
Reply #3

Brandroid

• Users
    • View Profile
Yes! Cycles style nodes please!

2017-02-17, 10:59:51
Reply #4

Nikola

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Cycles node editor looks really nice but what do you exactly like about its functionality?

Thank you

2017-02-17, 13:49:57
Reply #5

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cycles node editor looks really nice but what do you exactly like about its functionality?

Thank you

i would prefere a "corona" node editor over any cycles copy... all nodebased material editors kinda work the same, but PLEASE make the most used nodes easy & quickly accessible... like the texture one, or mix ones.. other than that, it would be really awsome to have a switchable preview option inside the node editor so that you could preview the material as cube/sphere/flatplane/whatever while working on it..

2017-02-17, 14:16:02
Reply #6

Nikola

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you

i would prefere a "corona" node editor over any cycles copy... all nodebased material editors kinda work the same, but PLEASE make the most used nodes easy & quickly accessible... like the texture one, or mix ones.. other than that, it would be really awsome to have a switchable preview option inside the node editor so that you could preview the material as cube/sphere/flatplane/whatever while working on it..

We will definitely do it in "Corona style" so that the most used modes are easy and quickly accessible exactly as you aptly wrote. But there are three requests for Cycles style node based editor so we are curious what is so special about it.

2017-02-17, 14:40:36
Reply #7

somenerv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think there's just little details that make Cycles4D node systems really great. Like for example, color coding (for both, nodes and their inputs), intuitive grouping, auto-snapping of connections, ability to preview individual node output, etc.

Again, little things. But they really add up. 

Plus it's just a really feature-rich node system. I feel like there's a node for almost anything I can think of needing. I've created a number of materials with Cycles4D that i haven't been able to build with any other renderer. And that's a powerful thing.

2017-02-21, 13:09:55
Reply #8

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've only watched the vid for cycles and it does look comprehensive and logical. I like the idea of having preview boxes above each node along the path.

Is there any way to have a new preview window that would be wired in to the IPR engine with a selection of preview scenes/objects? Currently if you open up and expand the C4D preview window it can become very slow and it doesnt reliably update which makes the whole tweaking process very painful. I suspect some of that might be because it loads all the maps through every time it updates rather than just adjusting the value of sliders or single image loading and keeping the rest of the material in a cache.

2017-03-06, 17:29:46
Reply #9

Brandroid

• Users
    • View Profile
Big ones for me are the preview ability and the auto connection of nodes. It just feels like a more fluid, artist friendly interface than Xpresso.