Author Topic: corona for sketchup  (Read 22085 times)

2016-11-27, 17:31:50

kakashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't visit here too often as I don't do that much rendering work. I do do a lot of sketchup models for architects and I will occasionally render them via 3dsmax/corona.

Is the plugin still in alpha phase and how does one get it? I have a project right now where I'd like to be able to render a textured pass from sketchup and then overlay my linework. This is something that is a total pain in the arse with max as the cameras never match up due to sketchup's odd gui.

2016-11-30, 15:36:00
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, yes, Corona for Sketchup is in early alpha stage. If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible. See you soon! :)

2017-03-16, 15:42:29
Reply #2

gerych716

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, yes, Corona for Sketchup is in early alpha stage. If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible. See you soon! :)
Hello, please tell me, сan i now participate in the test corona for sketchup? I am an architect, I live and work in Belarus. All time worked in sketchup and also I really like corona.

2017-03-16, 18:11:33
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello, please tell me, сan i now participate in the test corona for sketchup? I am an architect, I live and work in Belarus. All time worked in sketchup and also I really like corona.
You already quoted the instructions, so quote-ception time:
If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible.

2017-03-16, 20:03:41
Reply #4

gerych716

• Users
    • View Profile
You already quoted the instructions, so quote-ception time:
If you would like to test it, please contact me at miodek@corona-renderer.com with a short note about yourself and your experience in 3d graphics, and also a portfolio if possible.
[/quote]
Sorry, i just asked...

2017-04-15, 16:12:54
Reply #5

Tales Macedo

• Active Users
  • Designer and Artist 3D.
    • View Profile
    • Tales Macedo - Design Studio
Is Corona running for SketchUp 2017?

2017-04-18, 12:45:40
Reply #6

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Is Corona running for SketchUp 2017?

Not yet, but unless there are any big changes in the plugin API, we should hopefully be able to implement it with the first new release.

2017-04-23, 23:24:35
Reply #7

kakashi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It runs in 2017 but hangs up when trying to save the image. :(

2017-04-25, 13:54:38
Reply #8

Tales Macedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It runs in 2017 but hangs up when trying to save the image. :(

I tried to instantiate it in the 2017 version. But it ends up happening not to open SketchUp. :/

2017-05-04, 08:52:32
Reply #9

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Corona Team, how's the progress so far? any new updates? :)

2017-05-04, 09:27:37
Reply #10

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Not yet, sorry. We've had a few delays due to finishing the max plugin 1.6. Hopefully we'll have something next week.

2017-05-04, 15:38:42
Reply #11

Ahmed0

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not yet, sorry. We've had a few delays due to finishing the max plugin 1.6. Hopefully we'll have something next week.

I was about to ask the same hehe...I'm eager to test the new beta.  I'll just wait a few more days then =D

2017-05-04, 15:57:31
Reply #12

Ryuu

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Also please keep in mind that the first release will probably be just update of the code to the latest version of the rendering core. While this may automatically provide some new features (like the subsampled IR) there will be no new features explicitly implemented for the plugin and the core update may probably introduce few more subtle bugs.

We'll be adding new features and updating for SketchUp 2017 in the next release, which should come 1-2 weeks later.

The new guys will need some time to get themselves oriented in the code, so the development will be slower in the beginning.

2017-05-05, 06:44:49
Reply #13

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ryuu for the update!

2017-05-11, 06:56:14
Reply #14

Tales Macedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news about the Corona's compatibility with Sket17?