Author Topic: 300 dpi exr output  (Read 15589 times)

2016-07-06, 15:28:26
Reply #15

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes Maru, but your link is about real upsampling and ppi in general if clients get crazy about absolute resolution and the usual 300dpi slipslop - something different.
Good Luck
Sure, I was mainly referring to the previous post by Juraj in this thread, and the one from the linked thread:
Clients (actually, pretty much no one, not even most 3D guys, just read cgarch and chaosgroup, the simpler people don't get it either )don't understand the relationship between digital input and the print process. You can print using 2400 DPI offset technology if you want, and it doesn't matter what your input is, if it's 600px Instagram crap, 6k px/24MP photo or 30 000 px render. It takes 10 minutes of explaining and then just sending what you find reasonable. DPI =/= PPI.

I am surprised you even tried to render it :- ) Your client probably didn't do any mathematics, he just asked for 5 meter big 150 dpi print. Did he really ask for the exact resolution (30k) directly ? Because I've seen often it's just something 3D artists assume it's asked from them.

30k render would be ridiculously stupid, no kind of texture or geometry detail would look good at that size. And it would never render.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-07-06, 15:57:21
Reply #16

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Ah, ok yes. Most amazingly people doing layout + preprint are frequently those who have the least idea of what´s going on. So they call their printing shop, get the standard 300dpi answer and that´s it. It´s like doing network administration without having a clue how tcp/ip works. I will never understand this even if I somehow would like to :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.