Author Topic: render to texture  (Read 1718 times)

2016-06-01, 03:26:04

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i'm trying out render to texture for the first time.  The plan is to bake everything (diffuse, reflection, refraction, lighting), so that I can use my models in 3rd party apps (unreal, sketchfab etc).

i'm rendering the corona_beauty pass into the unwrapped model, and I have a few questions:

How do I specify which camera is used for reflections/refractions?  At the moment the reflections aren't being baked into the beauty pass.

How do I render multiple objects at once and have max generate new standard materials and assign them?  (choosing "create new material, standard Blinn" doesnt seem to work, it creates a corona material instead....which wont export to fbx.  I'd like to avoid manually creating a standard material for every object in the scene.

Is there a way to recreate the models automatically and change all polygons to mat channel 1, so that the new standard material is applied to the entire object?

If anyone can offer some guidance, or point me towards a tutorial which can, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Michael.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-01, 03:44:01 by 3di »