Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 118138 times)

2016-07-14, 22:36:19
Reply #165

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think arion glare flare are great but sometimes they look  too artificial they lack blur on rays and they will not create flares/bloom from small light or refracted surfaces correctly in the other hand Maxwell at least for me got the glares, flares right even introduced obstacle maps .

another render that got glares and flares right is Fstorm i think it just need more options .

2016-07-14, 22:47:07
Reply #166

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Isn't the one in Corona currently absolutely identical to the one in F-Storm (/Octane) ?

The controls are the same. Although Romullus's test look super weird.

« Last Edit: 2016-07-14, 22:51:46 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-07-14, 22:57:42
Reply #167

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have no idea if they use the same source or research/algorithm to do these things, Maxwell i think was based from a japan university paper , and Fstorm and Octane where created by the same guy, Dron.

Romulus car suffer the same thing that im talking about arion those small light sources flares should be reflected in the car paint too is more like this effect is one dimensional and not reflected/ refracted
« Last Edit: 2016-07-14, 23:27:13 by zuliban »

2016-07-14, 23:33:55
Reply #168

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
No no, That screenshot doesn't represent result that Corona gives. It's just after render exception VFB becomes very dark and super contrasty. Sorry, i forgot to mention that in my original post.

BTW, that car scene isn't very good candidate to test glare&bloom - greatest highlights barelly exceeds value of 1 at normal exposure. I also tested those effects in other scene and got much nicer results. Not saying that G&B shouldn't be improved though. Like others, i hope it will be developed further and ultimately will reach or surpass ArionFX quality, which i like a lot.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-14, 23:40:54 by romullus »
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-07-15, 02:15:21
Reply #169

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
I am getting a lot of total 3ds max crashes when the denoiser kicks in, using the lastest dailybuild from the 13th.  on quick and small test scenes it seems to work, but on any actual projects max crashes consistently.

2016-07-15, 09:15:28
Reply #170

JulioCayetano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm getting  those total crashes too, in a simple exterior project. It renders fine with vigente and Bloom/glare effects active. But as soon as it gets to noise% limit, denoiser starts and Max crashes.

Edit: When I try to open the scene again, as soon as it opens, 3DsMAX crashes inmediatelly, no need to render again. If I open an older scene first, I can open the problematic scene without crashes, until I render it that it will explode again.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-15, 10:01:53 by JulioCayetano »

2016-07-15, 16:02:48
Reply #171

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
daily build that should fix the crashes is now out
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-15, 16:42:21
Reply #172

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
- Crash with CMasking element and denoised elements no longer happens here, ty!

- Vignette now the same when saved to JPG / PNG as seen in the VFB, ty!

- I was able to load one scene from July 13th daily build that had bloom and glare, but another from daily build July 13th generated the errors below when trying to load. I think this is just due to the new parameters for bloom and glare and expected when using daily builds, but posting just in case!

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-07-15, 16:55:02
Reply #173

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The param error messages I believe were caused by a CoronaCameraMod, will be the change in Bloom and Glare in there that triggered it (and why the other scene loaded fine). I was able to import everything into a new scene. I don't believe that's a bug, just nature of the beast when parameters change in daily builds.

2016-07-15, 19:18:05
Reply #174

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
All hail Ondra, the greatest :- ) Some kick-ass daily...
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-07-15, 19:33:39
Reply #175

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Now everyone eagerly waits dubcat's verdict :]

2016-07-15, 20:01:12
Reply #176

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hourly builds?! Setting new records here! :)

2016-07-16, 11:01:04
Reply #177

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yay, no more glowing! I like it. Gotta test on real scene, though.

2016-07-16, 11:20:29
Reply #178

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Nice tests!

I am incredibly happy for this, finally the shader works as should. No more tinkering with specular level anymore. IOR 1.33 to 1.52 for everything, 1.0 Specular level / 255 as well. Easy-peasy.

This couldn't come at better time, testing out a private beta of the "future" :- ) Trust me, you want the shaders to be ready when the 'future' hits us.

Look at how metal look almost identical to diffuse at 0 glossiness. That's it = )

2016-07-16, 12:07:51
Reply #179

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It works in real scenes too. And works very well!

Bloom and glare is getting better too. I like speed improvement. It feels almost instantenous. Would like to see checkboxes next to vignette and B&G, though. Also, i'd like that ray count would be replaced with diaphragm blades count, like in ArionFX, but that's a minor thing. Overall impression is very good!