Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Corona Converter Metal Issue

(1/3) > >>

GabrielNyr:
every time I run the corona converter, most of my materials are configured as metal, regardless of what they are, is there any way to convert several objects to non-metal at once?
and in addition, it leaves some glass materials with IOR reflection 1.0, leaving no reflection at all.

imagine correcting the 1 by 1 materials of dozens of books and decorative objects in one scene, it's a lot of work.

they are normally objects coming from the vray but even in objects that were already corona it happens.

I'm considering going back to corona 6 just because of that

TomG:
Can you send in some example materials that don't convert the way you would want them to (private uploader), so that we can use those to look into fine-tuning the converter?

Zray:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2021-08-07, 13:10:30 ---Can you send in some example materials that don't convert the way you would want them to (private uploader), so that we can use those to look into fine-tuning the converter?

--- End quote ---
I wish I can convert Vray material to CoronaLegacyMtl, I am still not familiar with new Physicalmtl, except to glass - it is great and easy to use.

maru:
@GabrielNyr - if you are having some issues with the conversion, please share an example scene with us (or some simple objects like cubes with the problematic materials).

@Zray - why exactly would you like to convert into the Corona Legacy Mtl? In what specific cases does the Legacy Mtl appear "easier" than the Physical one?

CJRenders:
I was running into this issue. but then the most recent update allows you to convert to a physical material instead of legacy.

how to:
Convert scene > Check convert corona legacy materials

Should be good to go!
transfers metals, textures, refractions, everything!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version