Author Topic: Corona 4 HF1 - Corona Bitmap Dome Mode - Block Artifacts (not resolved since v3)  (Read 3735 times)

2019-09-16, 13:20:17

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Max + Corona v4 HF1

I stumbled across this recently (again) and saw that I've already reported this for Corona v3 HF1 and it's still present in v4... please resolve this, the problem seems to persist although I remember it being solved at some point in v2.

Repro steps:
Open the attached file, make sure both HDR files are linked correctly in Max.
- open the classic mat ed, you'll see the two environment maps in the top slots
- use either of the environment maps in the Environment override slot
- switch the used map to dome mode, render >>> block artifacts
- switch the used map to spherical map, render >>> all good

Make sure to use both maps to see how bad it can get :-/

Scene (Max 2018), textures and the resulting renders are attached.

2019-09-16, 14:14:33
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Repeatedly reporting the same bug over and over again, does not help to fix it faster. Moving topic to resolved, original report can be found here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23330.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-09-16, 15:19:35
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for reporting again but my attempt to look for my old report returned a server error due to high stress.

This was OK in v3 but returned to be left untouched for two releases - see the old thread where testing this in v3 works fine. I've been told this problem can be fixed fast if a repro case is provided. Not sure what fast means in this case with the latest response by a dev dating back 7 months... so sorry for being a pain to you but this bug should not be dragged behind for another version cycle. Thanks for your support.

2019-09-16, 15:47:51
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I was one of the first users who reported this bug soon after dome mode introduction and i constantly bump in to it, so believe me, i want it to be solved no less than you, but it is reported already many times and more reports only makes things more messy.

P.S. sorry, i didn't want to accuse you in deliberate spamming with bug reports, i wasn't aware of the forum glitches.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-09-16, 16:12:33
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
All good. Like you I think it's high time this gets resolved, after all it wasn't present in v2 and v3 (and then re-appeared in v3 HF1).
2 full cycles with the same bug means a red flag IMO so bumping the thread or reporting should not be regarded as being annoying... this should be understood as an alert to finally address this. Don't kill the messenger ;)