Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 170282 times)

2017-09-17, 21:04:27
Reply #525

jop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm really impressed with last build speed increase !
However I can clearly see a color tint shift.
Even more strange is that it seems there is time shifting too.
It's a PFlow scene, don't know if it's related.

Here is a simple noisy test :

Edit :
Forget about the color shift, it appears only when viewing jpgs here on my mac, not in max or in browser.
But still strange, has jpeg saving changed ? A color profile thing or something ?

nothing about saving was changed, or could even be changed, because saving is done by 3dsmax, not corona ;)

Even when saved from the corona vfb ?
Do you have any idea regarding the time shifting ?

2017-09-17, 21:20:45
Reply #526

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Actually , its in every scene, even a teapot alone, just takes like 5 seconds to assign materials...
Any material? Which Max version? It is quite swift for me ...
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-17, 21:48:06
Reply #527

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I'm experiencing decreases in render time in the latest build (15/09) compared to the 22/08 build, somewhere between 15% to 35%, and this is in a scene mainly lit by a single HDRI. Well done!

2017-09-17, 21:48:56
Reply #528

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is it just me or for anybody else "Options" flyout gets stuck in always on position in interactive in viewport? Sep 15 build.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-18, 05:26:39
Reply #529

amitshneor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually , its in every scene, even a teapot alone, just takes like 5 seconds to assign materials...

yep,any material...max 2016...weird...

2017-09-18, 06:51:43
Reply #530

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Marerials saved on HDD or SSD
Years ago when I used HDD with long files names (like coronahas now) I had the similar problem. Now use SSD and seems everything ok

2017-09-18, 07:53:06
Reply #531

jop

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm really impressed with last build speed increase !
However I can clearly see a color tint shift.
Even more strange is that it seems there is time shifting too.
It's a PFlow scene, don't know if it's related.

Here is a simple noisy test :

Edit :
Forget about the color shift, it appears only when viewing jpgs here on my mac, not in max or in browser.
But still strange, has jpeg saving changed ? A color profile thing or something ?

nothing about saving was changed, or could even be changed, because saving is done by 3dsmax, not corona ;)

Even when saved from the corona vfb ?
Do you have any idea regarding the time shifting ?

I think I found the "time shifting" culprit at wake up...
I use custom bokeh map, there was an offset issue that was resolved few builds before. Should be that.

2017-09-18, 10:02:42
Reply #532

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Very impressed with the size of the new library! Great work guys.

A request would be to have a "settings button" or tab where we could change the asset path. I.e. put the material folder on a network drive and link to that so it's shareable on the network and nodes can access maps. Just like with Siger Shaders.

+1

2017-09-18, 10:37:43
Reply #533

benevvo

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
I've wanted to test Material Library in newest Daily Build - but I can't open it in my 3ds max 2012.
link to error:
https://www.screencast.com/t/tIPQDgJzG
Btw - great job!

2017-09-18, 10:46:48
Reply #534

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hello!
I've wanted to test Material Library in newest Daily Build - but I can't open it in my 3ds max 2012.
link to error:
Btw - great job!
The Material Library works in Max 2015 and newer. Still working on support of Max 2012-2014. Will be ready for Corona 1.7, so stay tuned. ;-)
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-09-18, 10:51:17
Reply #535

benevvo

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
link to error:
Btw - great job!
The Material Library works in Max 2015 and newer. Still working on support of Max 2012-2014. Will be ready for Corona 1.7, so stay tuned. ;-)
Superb!
Great and I really appreciate backward compatibility with 2012!

2017-09-18, 11:01:51
Reply #536

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Materials barely see any changes from version to version in 3ds max, yet they are completely backward incompatible. Shame on you, autodesk!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-18, 13:05:14
Reply #537

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
I haven't tried the latest daily yet, just a quick question: are the textures in the material library "real world" size?

there is tiling set to default 1/1 on maps that are directional (eg. wood) and triplanar maps used for maps that don´t have specified direction - like fabrics, scratches etc, and no, they are not "real world" size

Ok, thanks. I've been using real world map size for so long that I forget how the tiling mode works. I usually just slap a box uvw-modifier with real world map size on buildings etc and all my materials just work. Will the same happen with the materials in the material library?

It will work very similar, only you have to uncheck real world map size box but most of the textures are square so you only have to adjust box map size same in all directions to fit your needs. Many materials don´t need uvwmapping at all as they are using triplanar map inside the shader :)

2017-09-19, 01:16:10
Reply #538

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team

Once again, love the new materials. Can I request a 'powder coated metal' material.  I am keeen to see how you guys would set it up.  Its a common material i use on windows/fascias/gutters/roofs/letterboxes etc so would be a good staple material to have.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

2017-09-19, 09:52:37
Reply #539

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Perhaps in the future to do in the camera such a tool as the exclusion of the object from the clipping? Sometimes it is necessary to cut off only the walls and not touch the floor lamp or sofa.