Author Topic: CoronaCamera - tweaks  (Read 22850 times)

2013-09-04, 12:54:24

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Anyone has any input on what should CoronaCamera look like, what features should it have (aside from the obvious ones), how should it be drawn in viewport, etc?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-04, 13:18:42
Reply #1

vicnaum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is focus selection in viewport possible?

2013-09-04, 13:20:48
Reply #2

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
why should invent a bycicle?
everything is generally invented. just need to make it usefull and easy to customize and understand,
of course it should have f-number. exposure control, shutter speed and ISO and custom white balance.
and in viewport it needs to be showing planes of DOF.
and, yes, some unique and recognizable form of the icon of camera showing in viewport. may be smthng like digital cams
and,yeah, focus selection in viewport could be very useful:)

2013-09-04, 13:23:37
Reply #3

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
add please DOF, shutter speed, focal distance in mm, clipping, target, bokeh, verticals camera correction...

2013-09-04, 13:28:16
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
ok, viewport focus it is

why should invent a bycicle?
because if I did not in the first place, I would be still using vray :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-04, 13:28:55
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW if anyone comes with a nice viewport icon, I can implement it ;)

2013-09-04, 14:02:45
Reply #6

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
Do as in Cinema 4D :)
« Last Edit: 2013-09-04, 15:08:18 by Han »

2013-09-04, 14:08:32
Reply #7

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
- orthographic, spherical, cylindrical, etc camera modes directly in the cam (which I guess was planned anyways)
- what about stereo cam features? (It's nothing urgent, but worth a note)
- vignetting (some people, not me, actually like that in physical cams)
- lens distortion (same as above)

- about the icon: just make it big enough to actually grab it, those vray boxes suck. Max's standard cam is pretty good, something similar would be fine. Just don't do something totally different just for the sake of being different http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/Cole123RF/Cole123RF0806/Cole123RF080600007/3123109-numbered-film-strip-and-movie-camera-with-lights--vector.jpg
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-09-04, 14:27:25
Reply #8

shadowman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
icon - smthing like a top modern cams
to shoot like a pro :D

2013-09-04, 15:24:02
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I would like to be able to see camera target and DOF planes while looking from the camera. For example now with standard max's camera you have to switch to perspective to see some of its helper objects. It's pretty annoying.

Here is a description of camera object from Brazil r/s:
One of the areas of expanded capability is lens projection. Brazil offers specialty mapping with Environ Mapper, Orthographic, and Panorama modes. There is also perspective mapping, the view most 3D apps offer as a traditional camera view.

However, this common type of projection is linear. Real lenses are not linear in short focal lengths but exhibit curvature of field. Brazil offers Spherical projection to emulate this wide angle lens distortion. Spherical projection is represented in the viewport by a blue plane perpendicular to the optical axis of the camera. When the focal length of the lens is changed, the degree of curvature in the spherical plane changes. This is a great interface innovation.

There are also iconic representations of near and far clipping planes, near and far environment effects (such as fog), and depth of field. Any icon can be made visible or invisible in the viewport. One of the more whimsical features offers the user a selection of camera icons shaped like familiar motion picture and video cameras. You can also create and load your own 3D icon.
I think it's pretty much all you need.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-04, 23:01:01
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
One thing I love about Vray 2.0 is that I DON'T need to use Vray camera, and just tick vray exposure at Max Exposure settings. Other camera parameters are in Vray general menu.

Other thing I like (in engine I otherwise dislike) about Maxwell 3dsMax integration is it uses native Max camera and just adds parameters to it within inside.

Please don't add many unique features to otherwise current perfect integration within Max. As things are right now, scenes can be pretty renderer-agnostic if we can keep same cameras between Vray, Corona,etc. Or atleast don't make them requisite. I really hate the idea of using special camera when I simply really like the basic camera or no camera, for quick view-port renders. This was complete disaster before Vray 2.0, as I had to setup camera even for quick test render and that is quite annoying.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-04, 23:01:39
Reply #11

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs

2013-09-04, 23:22:38
Reply #12

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
very useful would be to have in the camera settings opportunity to choose image size

Aspect ratio and crops. Now that would be something...I remember a script that did this in pretty in-flexible way. Would be very cool feature.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-05, 02:06:55
Reply #13

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I'd like

• Exposure on a per camera basis, great for setting up multiply lighting conditions in the same scene.
  • Rule of 3rds frames.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
  • Vignette
  • Glare, lens dirt,
  • All the typical ISO, F/Stops, shutter speed, white balance, etc..

2013-09-05, 05:12:28
Reply #14

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
I miss "image plane" feature (native in Maya) on Max... But i am afraid that this isn´t a "camera feature" lol. ok, i will beg to Autodesk. lol
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor