Author Topic: CoronaCamera - tweaks  (Read 22949 times)

2013-09-05, 05:25:10
Reply #15

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
     Ok i will say what i would like to have on a 3D Camera as a feature, not thinking about what CORONA camera need  to have, just my simples whishes besides ALL the ordinary features listed on C4D Camera and VrayCamera... Not in any order...

- Image Plane option;
     - BackPlate size options;
     - Visual node (on viewport), as a pickable/animatable (in one local axis) object/element like a Focus Plane with a distance indicator overlayed near it;
     - Nodes to control/illustrate Zbuffer near and far;
     - StereoControl (The last 3dsmax 2014 Extension already implemented StereoCam Support to Native cameras);
     - Embeded Hideable visual features;
     - FPS setting on camera. Like in realworld, regardless the timeline settings. (This is like an impossible dream);
     - Read Exif from any given image and setup camera/lens to match that Exif. Never saw this on 3D Programs, and maybe it´s easy and useful; (maybe not)

Sure i am not expecting any of those whishes to have on CoronaCamera, since it´s a render engine not a CameraPlugin... Maybe only the Exif thing could be nice to have. :) BTW, Nuke has the capacity to read Exif info, so, maybe the hability to include the camera 3D Exif on the EXR could be something interesting to have too. :)

Just brainstorming here. Don´t punch me.

« Last Edit: 2013-09-05, 05:26:42 by kumodot »
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2013-09-05, 09:52:30
Reply #16

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
By the way, i always wanted in vraycamera this function: when i have finally made all settings so the result picture is good in exposure, but then i decide to make dof stronger, so i change f-stop number...and, all my settings now is wrong and i need again reconfigure all of them: shutter speed, ISO etc.
So, it would be very cool to have some button, so if this bttn enabled when i enable dof and change f-number - all other settings wil change automatically.
As like we have now in corona, when changing F-stop number for adjusting DOF and this don't affect on overall exposure of the final picture. It is very comfortable

2013-09-05, 10:11:50
Reply #17

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, after some research and Juraj_Talcik's post, I've decided to go back to the modifier for regular camera, because it will allow everything I need (I havent noticed before regular cameras have orthographic mode ;))
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-05, 11:21:48
Reply #18

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
good decision! This will allow us to use instanced modifiers - hurray! :)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-09-05, 11:58:32
Reply #19

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
you can thank 3dsmax API and its inability to do any other projection than single point perspective and ortho ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-05, 12:07:53
Reply #20

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
"Thank you for your inability to do any other projection than single point perspective and ortho 3dsmax api" :)

Actually, I was aware of this problem (ortho and single point perspective) but nevermind - still enough toys to play with. If you can still do the things suggested here, a modifier is fine - I actually prefer it this way, a lot less clutter and we can still use existing scripts and stuff

2013-09-05, 12:11:29
Reply #21

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
ok, after some research and Juraj_Talcik's post, I've decided to go back to the modifier for regular camera, because it will allow everything I need (I havent noticed before regular cameras have orthographic mode ;))
And why not add new parameters to a standard camera? As Maxwell, for example.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-09-05, 12:16:33
Reply #22

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
And why not add new parameters to a standard camera? As Maxwell, for example.

We would not be able to copy/instance the "information" on other cameras so easily and it's a bit more pain in the ass to clean a scene from corona stuff (missing plugins and blaaerrg.. very pissed by fR's physical camera especially in that issue) if we need to convert and give it to a client or turbosquid etc.

2013-09-05, 12:18:56
Reply #23

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Amazing :- ). I didn't even thought of modifier. Instancing info from camera to camera seems like pretty neat thing !
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-05, 12:42:22
Reply #24

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
With camera modifiers, need always search this modifier and aplying, it is not very convenient!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-09-05, 12:47:57
Reply #25

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
With camera modifiers, need always search this modifier and aplying, it is not very convenient!

You can "pin" the top modifiers you use, then you don't need to search for them.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-05, 13:19:15
Reply #26

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
and it's pretty easy to write a "make a corona cam" script, for everyone who likes to use hotkeys or likes to do it via the create tab ;) You wouldn't really notice the difference.

2013-09-05, 13:27:02
Reply #27

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have really no idea how to modify existing camera plugins, and it sound waaaay too dangerous and hacky. I just hope they are not replacing original camera plugin DLLs from stdplugs (if they are, they will burn in hell :D)

2013-09-05, 15:06:50
Reply #28

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Camera Item of modo 701 lux

2013-09-17, 09:48:24
Reply #29

Midge

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Mantissa
Chromatic Abberation? Don't know how much of a hit this would be render-time wise...