Author Topic: Translucent object and its reflection  (Read 3949 times)

2016-11-17, 13:17:10

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

So as you can see in image, I used translucent material for curtain. I have an exr (no model outside) for environment, I used coronasky for direct visibility (environment override).
What I don't understand is, why curtains reflection is much brighter than actual sky?

2016-11-21, 14:00:33
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What version of Corona is this?

-You are using exr in environment slot.
-You are using Corona Sky for direct visibility.
-Are you also using some reflection/refraction override?

Is there a chance that the map which is used for lighting (environment) is brighter than what is visible directly?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-22, 07:19:04
Reply #2

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona 1.5 hotfix 2

attached some samples with variations

exr may be brighter than coronasky, I really don't know how to measure without rendering one by one

2016-11-22, 08:31:18
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
It's not a bug. That's how it's supposed to work. The ceiling reflects relatively dark ground color of CoronaSky and bright color of the curtain. Curtain scatters light in all directions, including towards the ceiling, where as glass does not scatter any light, and just passes through color of the CoronaSky ground. If you place your camera at that exact place where the reflection occurs, and point that camera down towards window, you will see what kind of lighting arrives there, and you will see that from the point of reflective ceiling, curtain indeed appears a lot brighter.

2016-11-22, 09:02:07
Reply #4

mrsacan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@rawalanche

i didn't think it was a bug, I posted this to "general discussion" just because of my curiosity, but some of you moved this into "bug" / "i need help" category

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2016-11-22, 11:00:00
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I can't see nothing wrong with the board your thread is in at the moment. This isn't bug reporting board, but a place where you can post questions about something you don't know or don't understand and would appreciate some help from fellow forum members or Corona Team themselves.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-11-22, 13:12:21
Reply #6

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
It was more of a generally pointed statement :) To save Maru some time he could spend searching for a bug or scene setup error :)

2016-11-22, 15:39:26
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok. So this simply means that my imagination is working worse and worse proportionally to the level of tiredness. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us