Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.6  (Read 132167 times)

2017-03-19, 20:30:41
Reply #510

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
no, the DB is only stuff I did over weekend, Pavel will continue fixing on monday

Ok, thanks for the info!!!

2017-03-20, 09:04:43
Reply #511

Monkeybrother

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tried the latest daily (1.6 DailyBuild Mar 19 2017) and played around with the render regions on a really simple scene. I noticed that if I start an IR or resize an active IR, the scene noise clears up really fast, but if I add a render region or turn off all render render regions, the scene renders really slow.

Steps to reproduce:
Start IR
Add a render region
Resize the IR window (to clear the non-rendering area)
Move the render region or add another render region
Notice how much slower the new render areas are
Resize window again, boom: renders fast again

Actually, I just noticed that the whole IR window/moving regions is really sluggish and laggy, not just the render itself.

2017-03-20, 11:19:34
Reply #512

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Just tried installing the two latest builds (Mar 17 & 19). In both cases the IR (floating) didn't work more than the first time. After stopping the first use of IR, the IR would not start again, or stopped after 1 pass. (Can't say which one is the most accurate discription.)

After reverting to the daily from Mar 16 IR works as expected again.

Regards

2017-03-20, 13:51:02
Reply #513

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi. Just tried installing the two latest builds (Mar 17 & 19). In both cases the IR (floating) didn't work more than the first time. After stopping the first use of IR, the IR would not start again, or stopped after 1 pass. (Can't say which one is the most accurate discription.)

After reverting to the daily from Mar 16 IR works as expected again.

Regards
fixed, will work in next daily (today probably)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-20, 14:02:22
Reply #514

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
IR does not start from VFB for me, is it disabled?
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-03-20, 14:12:09
Reply #515

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tanakov. Had the same problem. Ondra says it is fixed in next daily (the posts just above yours).

2017-03-20, 14:17:51
Reply #516

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2017-03-20, 14:27:14
Reply #517

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
all "rollout" buttons dont work
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2017-03-20, 15:05:34
Reply #518

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
already fixed, if someone needs build ASAP, I can make a daily right now
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-03-20, 19:27:22
Reply #519

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

What about this case with long parsing time?

Hi

It looks like I found the problem point. Quite often I have simple animation for the sun for different cameras, and I've noticed that if I don't change frame number I get few second of parsing, if I change frame, parsing time grows. Finally I found that the problem is in proxies, actually in Enable animation of them. Even if the proxy was created as not animated, this checkbox has influence on parsing time.

Example file uploaded with private uploader 1486622037_box-proxy.zip

Simple scene with only one proxy - box, subdivided to rise polycount. Open it and start render - parsing time is 0, change frame - parsing time 2 sec. Check Enable animation on, don't change frame - parsing time 0 sec, change frame - parsing time 2 sec again.
In big scenes it's also dramatically slows down feedback time of IR

I made the same tests with proxies of trees, there I've got difference like 2 sec - 21 sec (worst result). Probably more proxies in the scene - bigger difference of parsing time.
Is it a bug, or some problems on my side?

Link to the topic
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14716.msg94544.html#msg94544

I've made the report about this in mantis. Did you check it? It is not a problem wile I work with static scenes - I can survive without animated sun, but I'm wondering about scenes with animated objects. Can somebody check it, please? I still don't know - is it a bug, or it is some problem with my system.

And BTW, thank you for such an intensive development of Corona! It's so nice to see how it gets better and better almost every day! Thank you!

2017-03-20, 21:24:53
Reply #520

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I was able to reproduce the problem, but it will require some time to fix. Do not worry - we know about the issue and will get to it at some point. Right now it is not that critical as it does not crash or produce incorrect image

2017-03-20, 21:42:16
Reply #521

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks!
Will be waiting.

2017-03-20, 21:54:43
Reply #522

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
build is up!

2017-03-20, 22:01:13
Reply #523

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fixed DR with Backburner when rendering is split to stripes

What wasn't ok with that? In few days I had a problem that rendering was restarting on one of the stripes. Is that it?
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2017-03-20, 22:36:15
Reply #524

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
AFAIK stripes were being ignored by render slaves spawned by BB nodes