Author Topic: Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 39323 times)

2023-03-16, 13:39:16
Reply #105

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have you checked with something like PruneScene to make sure there are no retrackers running amok as well as no viruses? The retracker bug and the viruses usually reside in older scene files and once they get into your system (or current Max session), that scene will end up, eventually, screwed up (i.e. slowing down, bugging out, etc.)
hey there, yes I tried that and nothing popped up. and what made me certain is that I reverted back to the 3rd of march daily build and it fixed the super slow viewport issue. i think it had something to do in the latest build with the "Unified Nitrous implementation of drawing CoronaLight in the viewport across 3dsMax versions, which now results in more consistent viewport performance across all 3ds max versions." maybe? or something else that I simply don't understand. but all I know is that reverting fixed it which leads me to believe that the latest daily messed it up.
Hi,

Which versions of 3ds max and Windows are you using? Also, if possible can you send over your scene? I will be happy to look into this.

Cheers!
using 3dsmax 2023.2.2 and windows 11 and the latest Nvidia studio GPU driver. and I get the same result with a fresh scene with nothing in it and Sini software cleaner shows nothing and so would PruneScene.

2023-03-16, 13:43:36
Reply #106

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
using 3dsmax 2023.2.2 and windows 11 and the latest Nvidia studio GPU driver. and I get the same result with a fresh scene with nothing in it and Sini software cleaner shows nothing and so would PruneScene.
Any chance you can try to update to 3ds max 2023.3 and see if it still happens there?

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-03-16, 17:09:12
Reply #107

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
As Rowan said - upgrade to 2023.3.

It could be some mix between 2023.2.2 and the new daily. 2023.2.2 WAS actually buggy (but in a pretty stealthy way. In my case, for example, it was screwing up Max files saved in previous Max versions, of all things) and 2023.3 works like a charm (and actually slightly even faster) so updating Max could fix it.
It's always a good idea to keep Max updated to the latest possible version (but can wait and see for a week or two after its release if any reports of buggyness appear) and to check out the changelog for each new Max update or version as they list what was fixed and you may find something you didn't even know was a bug but was bothering you has been fixed.

2023-03-22, 00:13:19
Reply #108

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Same issue here, reverting to 3rd March daily solved the issue. The slowness is everything, the whole UI.

3dsMax 2023v1 here because of FBX exporter, although I am not sure if my laptop isn't v3 so may try there next week. Win11, Quadro Drivers.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-03-22, 17:05:11
Reply #109

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

The issue here really seems to be with the older HF 3ds max versions (2023.1 and 2023.2).

@Abdullah_Alallah Are you able to update to 2023.3?

In the meantime, I will speak to our dev team and see if we can do something about this.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=1082585052)
« Last Edit: 2023-03-23, 10:09:43 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2023-03-22, 23:44:44
Reply #110

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

If you open the CURVE editor within a corona correct map node, the IR doesn't update right away and often hangs - at least for me this happens.

2023-03-23, 10:09:17
Reply #111

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs

If you open the CURVE editor within a corona correct map node, the IR doesn't update right away and often hangs - at least for me this happens.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I have managed to reproduce something very similar. For me, the IR constantly restarts when editing the curves.

Sent on to the dev team.

Cheers!

(Internal ID=1082617469)
Send me your scene!

2023-03-26, 10:38:12
Reply #112

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
youre welcome.

While im h ere, i have a new PC and im sure this has been raised before, but is it ever going to be possible to add a RENDER node to render a a project using JUST the node and not the HOST PC?  this was possible with VRAY and its unfair that i would need to get a NEW license (seat) just to work temporarily while my NODE is rendering?

2023-03-27, 05:57:19
Reply #113

Vlad_the_rant

• Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
Perhaps not quite what you'd like exactly, but you can do that with Backburner.

Run Backburner on the node and then either send the scene to rendering from your workstation to be rendered via Backburner on the node or open the scene on the node and send it to rendering directly from the node.

In server mode (which is how Backburner is running Max on the node to render stuff), Max uses only a "render" license without using the "interface" license leaving it free to be used on the workstation while the node is rendering.

Another benefit of Backburner in this arrangement is that you can actually queue up several scenes to be rendered one after another and just leave the node churning out renders while you work on other stuff.

2023-03-27, 07:44:14
Reply #114

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for the detailed response - is there a formal guide i can follow?  The last time i tried to use backburner it was pretty confusing to me

Perhaps not quite what you'd like exactly, but you can do that with Backburner.

Run Backburner on the node and then either send the scene to rendering from your workstation to be rendered via Backburner on the node or open the scene on the node and send it to rendering directly from the node.

In server mode (which is how Backburner is running Max on the node to render stuff), Max uses only a "render" license without using the "interface" license leaving it free to be used on the workstation while the node is rendering.

Another benefit of Backburner in this arrangement is that you can actually queue up several scenes to be rendered one after another and just leave the node churning out renders while you work on other stuff.

2023-03-27, 11:09:51
Reply #115

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
youre welcome.

While im h ere, i have a new PC and im sure this has been raised before, but is it ever going to be possible to add a RENDER node to render a a project using JUST the node and not the HOST PC?  this was possible with VRAY and its unfair that i would need to get a NEW license (seat) just to work temporarily while my NODE is rendering?
Hey,

So we do have this tentatively planned. But as usual, I can't give you a timescale on it.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=1067522507)
Send me your scene!

2023-03-27, 12:00:16
Reply #116

Vlad_the_rant

• Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
@shortcirkuit

There's the official Backburner guides, to be downloaded as PDFs from here:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Backburner-User-Guide-and-Installation-Guide-documents.html

It seems there's no actual online versions as this is the first thing when searching for them that comes out...

2023-03-27, 12:37:40
Reply #117

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a reminder that the process above will allow the render machine to render, and the main machine to still use the GUI for Corona, but the main machine won't be able to render at all (ie no IR etc.) You don't need a full, separate license to be able to "just render" on another machine (while also rendering on your main machine), you need a Render Node license which comes at a reduced price, https://corona-renderer.com/prices-licensing/render-nodes . Note that this is the same arrangement as with V-Ray.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-03-28, 01:53:39
Reply #118

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys - but this is is such a tedious way to do it.  Corona, cant you jsut enable it like you can do it in VRAY where you can just do it within the settings of the 3DS Max dialogue?  Backburner is dated and you have to map drives etc - its cumbersome.

This is a feature that vray has had since the start - cant you guys impliment it?
« Last Edit: 2023-03-28, 09:36:03 by shortcirkuit »

2023-03-28, 10:30:39
Reply #119

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys - but this is is such a tedious way to do it.  Corona, cant you jsut enable it like you can do it in VRAY where you can just do it within the settings of the 3DS Max dialogue?  Backburner is dated and you have to map drives etc - its cumbersome.

This is a feature that vray has had since the start - cant you guys impliment it?
Hey,

So we do have this tentatively planned. But as usual, I can't give you a timescale on it.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=1067522507)

I'll quote what I said here... 
Send me your scene!