Author Topic: Upcoming HEDT from Intel ( i9 on LGA 3647)  (Read 2619 times)

2018-10-08, 15:04:14

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The 28C i9 will require up to 32 VRM phases for juice lol. I think that's about it regarding i9 vs Threadripper...

https://wccftech.com/intel-core-x-basin-falls-refresh-core-i9-9980xe-and-skylake-x-28-core-confirmed/
(yeah shit source, but the first one today).

On other hand, it will have six-channel memory support, and of course all those directly to single-die chip. So it might be the ultimate CPU for Corona which seems to be somehow memory starved on Threadripper unfortunately.
I wonder what the price will be. 2999 euro ? 3999 euro ? At that price point you might as well go GPU-rendering for good.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2018-10-08, 16:21:07
Reply #1

Vuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That is a crazy number of VRM phases... Will probably cost a leg and a small-size decent car :). To be honest TR2 seems like the best buy right now and I doubt Intel will put anything remotely close to competitive pricing...

2018-10-08, 18:11:53
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Ok, so now we basically know how it will look. Here is the Xeon part which I believe is identical counterpart.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13449/intel-announces-xeon-w3175x-28core-processor-for-extreme-workstations
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2018-10-08, 18:17:22
Reply #3

Vuk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The VRM cooler on the Asus mobo looks like a radiator lolz...

2018-10-08, 18:25:24
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah, that is massive board heh. Fits both extended VRMs and 4 dual slot PCI slots, something the MSI MEG can't due to EATX format.

two 24-pin ATX power connectors along with four 8-pin and two 6-pin 12 V ATX power connectors to provide enough power

« Last Edit: 2018-10-08, 18:28:52 by Juraj Talcik »

2018-10-09, 18:49:38
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
They called the board "DOMINUS EXTREME" :- D

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13452/asus-rog-dominus-extreme-motherboard-unveiled

And do I spot tiny fan ? Classic Asus...

2018-10-15, 16:34:36
Reply #6

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page