Author Topic: How to install/activate license in rendernode  (Read 3558 times)

2017-05-07, 16:42:19

makco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear Corona Team,

We have been doing a bit on work with corona lately, for that purpose we are paying 1+5 license.
I think i understand the concept of the floating license that corona provides; however my question is considering that have 10 render nodes and they may sometimes doing Vray jobs or Nuke or other through deadline..
  • Can i have corona installed on all of them but only 5 of them running at the same time?(without manually activating or deactivating licenses on the ones i need) I ask that as that is how Vray and Nuke render nodes licenses are setup. (for example: We only have 2 render nodes licenses of Nuke, but we can use any free 2 render nodes at any given time to render a nuke file)
  • How do I activate the render node licenses if I cant open 3dsMax on this nodes as they are not activated (since they are render nodes and we do not have licenses for them)

Thanks for your help... we may end up paying for more licenses on and off... but im worried about how to manage this on the render nodes

M.

2017-05-09, 13:16:32
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello,

All should be fine, here are the answers:

Can i have corona installed on all of them but only 5 of them running at the same time?(without manually activating or deactivating licenses on the ones i need) I ask that as that is how Vray and Nuke render nodes licenses are setup. (for example: We only have 2 render nodes licenses of Nuke, but we can use any free 2 render nodes at any given time to render a nuke file)
-Yes. Everything will be fine unless you actually simultaneously render with Corona on more computers than the allowed number.

How do I activate the render node licenses if I cant open 3dsMax on this nodes as they are not activated (since they are render nodes and we do not have licenses for them)
-In such case the easiest activation method is using our licensing server, which will automatically activate any computers requesting licenses on the same network: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000618553

In case of any further questions or issues, it would be best to contact us at support@corona-renderer.com .
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-05-09, 15:28:12
Reply #2

makco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply, yes all the answers are on the link you share. 

M.