Author Topic: Texture Resize/Rescale with Corona ?  (Read 3712 times)

2018-11-03, 06:32:18

NEO-N

Hi. I've probably tried all possible nodes (native C4D, Triplanar, UVW Random') nothing can resize a texture (corona bitmap). Not sure if it's a bug, a missing feature or something else.

I do like to have a Corona Transform node like in Octane, it's very simple and straigh forward. The GIF has a cut, I don't know if video is supported here so I GIFed the video.

« Last Edit: 2018-11-05, 13:59:45 by oddvisionary »

2018-11-03, 09:11:07
Reply #1

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The native C4D Projector shader should work...

2018-11-03, 10:07:50
Reply #2

4b4

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I’m not in front of. The the PC at the moment but have you tried a layer shader then using a transform from within the layer shader.  Pretty sure this has worked for me in the past

2018-11-05, 13:52:45
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Look at the attached picture. No projector shader is necessary...

2018-11-05, 14:03:58
Reply #4

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Ok, I understand now, it wasn't that clear from your first post, because "texture" is just one of the shaders in C4D lingo. But nevermind that, I see what your point is now and I think that the projector shader should do exactly what you want. That said, I just tried it in R19 with Beta 2 and it doesn't update correctly, so that will need to be fixed. But if we put that bug aside, why wouldn't the projector shader suit your needs?

2018-11-05, 14:35:07
Reply #5

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Thanks for your insights! In general, problems like these are not always obvious to us, so it's good to hear suggestions from the artists using Corona.

As for your preference regarding custom-made shaders, we chose a different path and that is as tight an integration with Cinema4D as possible, because we believe in intuitive and simple UI. Of course, that doesn't mean we will never implement new nodes into the node editor, but that's less likely if there's already an equivalent in C4D.