Author Topic: The New York Times Building. Full 3d.  (Read 7187 times)

2018-09-03, 19:43:07

rdawlud

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I want to share my latest project:

Tribute to the architecture icon
New York Times Building

New York Times building is one of the most recognizable pieces of architecture in the world. The tower was designed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop and FXFOWLE Architects, with Gensler providing the interior design.
It’s based on the west side of Midtown Manhattan, surrounded by the New York skyscrapers. The New York Times Building is the eighth-tallest building in the city.

It’s not a secret that New York Times building is one of our favorites. The tower is unique, because of the steel construction placed on the external side of the building. It gives an individual, industrial touch to the whole creation.

Wikipedia says -„In excess of 95% of the structural steel was recycled.” – that’s a quite impressing fact.

When we decided to prepare a set of the images dedicated to NYT building, we knew that a complete 3d environment would help us. Mainly, because of the sense of freedom during the cameras selection process. We tested many views and many light options, but we felt that the tower looks best soaked up in the golden rays of the sunset.

We sincerely appreciate every minute spent on this project.
C&C are always welcome!

If you want to know us better and take a closer look at our works we encourage you to visit Facebook page and Instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/n_machine/
https://www.facebook.com/nmachineteam/?fb_dtsg_ag=Ady1RsJDgLpKjsnKf0AUGdXJKtnjbkLouaykof-iXHPZ-g%3AAdxXbJH7lX-uBp0EBMlsGtc5jFeBYpw2dBquK4Yf-8pJfg

2018-09-03, 20:17:37
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
WOW!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-09-03, 20:40:10
Reply #2

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2018-09-03, 20:45:57
Reply #3

JulioCayetano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, amazing project, congratulations!
I love how you solved the surroundings with very nice details and great textures. And the mood in some of them is superb!

Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

2018-09-03, 21:20:14
Reply #4

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Damn! this is wizardry? lol. pls is this just corona sun and sky in all shots? is there a special tweak to the sun and sky settings you used to get such pleasant looking feel of the atmosphere ?or is the answer in your tone mapping? pls kindly share the process if you dont mind. thanks

2018-09-03, 22:11:36
Reply #5

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Good job, impressive amout of manhours.

Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2018-09-03, 22:30:46
Reply #6

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
wake me please ... this is a dream .... without words, it is amazing.

2018-09-04, 02:31:21
Reply #7

Paul Springer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The only thing i can say other than astounding.  & this would take many more hours to compile...more dirt into the vehicles and streets NYC is a dirty place.  This is the Only CC other than... You did justice to the ("failing") NY Times building.

Leave it to an American to insert some political agenda.  So sorry.  Congrats.

2018-09-04, 12:28:49
Reply #8

MattCo

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Lightmap
you are a fuck*** genius!
I'm in love with your work!

2018-09-04, 15:56:44
Reply #9

rdawlud

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Thank you for all the comments. I also used hdri's but I very like the sun+sky, and this is my only light source in half of the shots.
Sorry for the size of the images. They are too big because they didn't scale down after uploading. I don't know how to change the size to fit the page and zoom after clicking.

Best,
Rafal

2018-09-05, 18:04:15
Reply #10

Nate101

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Spent a lot of timing working in that building, your shot from the upper floors looking down the side of the building really brought back memories.  It is an amazing building and you did an incredible job recreating it.

2018-09-05, 23:40:01
Reply #11

Ealexander

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • evan alexander

2018-09-06, 09:07:16
Reply #12

impact design

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • http://impactdesign.co.in/
Truly Amazing work I have scene so far...  Really Love those Architecture Shots of Building. Camera Angle, Composition, Lighting, Exposer everything feels so real, its looks like Photograph ... Congratulation to you and your team ... Truly Inspiring work ...
We would love to see :"Making Of This Project..."
For our Regular updates Please visit our web
www.impactdesign.co.in

2018-09-06, 21:55:07
Reply #13

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Incredible! So much attention to detail. I cant begin to think how many different type of materials you must have made.

2018-09-14, 22:55:09
Reply #14

Jack

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing such a great work man...!
So detailed and so much work..can you do it again?...))