Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 492753 times)

2014-09-12, 15:50:49
Reply #240

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity Juraj - in the vray example with portal lights and the small window - those are used in "simple mode" or regular portal lights ?

When you use corona, do you use portals ? If yes in regular way - planes in window openings with corona portal mat or are you ticking on the enviro portal option on it the glass material?

As a side note - many thanks for sharing all this stuff, you are really a trully generous guy ! Always thinking that this forum (and many others) should send you a lifetime supply of beer :D

2014-09-12, 15:55:14
Reply #241

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am 99perc. sure they were "simple" mode because nothing was outside. I don't think it makes difference in regard to environment light, but "non-simple/regular" traces additional rays to see if there is geometry outside (in case there were trees and so).
I used portals though scarcely, only when the opening got really small like that scene.

In Corona I used portal actually just one time ( I am quite fortunate to work on projects with huuuge windows for past year :- D ), in A6, and that was what you call regular, it was planes outside of windows with CoronaPortalMat.
I had no idea there is something new you can tick when you create glass ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-09-12, 16:19:39
Reply #242

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply.

Yea in a7 (not sure if it was introduced earlier) you have the "enviro portal" option in material options. Havent compared it to the regular method tho.

In Vray I noticed that the "simple mode" portals tend to introduce waaaaaaay more diffuse light and really brighten the interior, in comparison to regular ones which only seem to refine the lighting, introduce more contact shadow etc.

2014-09-12, 16:31:48
Reply #243

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Really ? I image this could be possible if you for example used ground plane (vray infinite), then regular one would trace it, but simple one ignore, and simply use VraySky which is super-intense even bellow horizon, so you get that "above clouds/skyscraper" type of lighting into room.
But if the difference is that big nonetheless, then they once again have documentation that absolutely sucks and the functions do things they're not well described. I have no patience anymore to do comparison so I can figure what does what.

I like Corona's implementation (well not the mat, it should be light instead) in that it does what it should, just focus rays, not create analytical light out of outside's environment intensity (then I can just create regular area light and map it directly I guess).
But both renderers got quite efficient that portals are becoming less of an necessity than they were.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2014-09-13, 17:16:18
Reply #244

Angevill Li

• Users
    • View Profile
so much useful tips,thx a lot.
regards
« Last Edit: 2014-09-13, 17:40:52 by Angevill Li »

2014-09-21, 04:13:03
Reply #245

text

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj,

which are your favourite HDRIs from cg-source?

Thanks,
Emir

2014-09-21, 21:52:09
Reply #246

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Juraj,

which are your favourite HDRIs from cg-source?

Thanks,
Emir

No idea, I have like 6 of them maybe only but it suffices because it's easy to modify them in PS :- ) I don't even know what I based them on. It's like Blue Sky, Blue Sky with little clouds, Grey Sky with more clouds..Sunset...

Not fan of the "I used ABC124" ;- )

2014-09-21, 23:11:54
Reply #247

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What's really good about cg-source maps, that there is low res demo versions to try. It's worth to download and test it before buying, because not all of them are equal in quality. Some of them has strong colour cast, some hasn't full dynamic range captured.  But many are really good.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-10-06, 23:59:25
Reply #248

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
As I wrote in FB, I won't post the full project any soon, or not even the wip 8 renders I showed in SOA, but plan to complete it after I finish some commercial work I have right now and then soon (like next month some time maybe ?), post it together with more detailed blog post describing in better detail some stuff I talked about in SOA AD but had to rush through :- ). Happy Corona-ing to everyone ! The real-time kicks ass ! I tested it at like 2a.m., but man it's bomb.

2 of the quick WIPs (rendered super fast the morning before falling asleep in car due to not sleeping for 26 hours). I am so thankful for all Veronika's support through all this..

« Last Edit: 2014-10-07, 00:03:33 by Juraj_Talcik »

2014-10-07, 16:58:53
Reply #249

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-10-07, 17:46:54
Reply #250

londonvisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Superb work. One of those ended up as wallpaper, hope You don't mind :)

2014-10-07, 18:49:24
Reply #251

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Sure, thanks :- ) They are from very early, quickly done WIPs though. I do hope to publish it as much more polished and coherent series later.

2014-10-07, 19:59:39
Reply #252

AnubisMe

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2014-10-07, 20:15:53
Reply #253

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Not my design but it is very modernist to certain point. It's Ipes house by Marcio Kogan.

2014-10-07, 20:16:24
Reply #254

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice renders :) Would really like some in depth info about making these, especialy foliage.