Author Topic: Scripting Help: Is the Map override slot exposed to maxscript?  (Read 2898 times)

2014-12-12, 01:38:29

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm creating a script and was wondering if the material slot for the mtl override is exposed through maxscript. I'm using Corona version: Alpha v7.1, Maxsdk version: 2014.

See attached what I mean.

Once finished I will be posting the script. BTW I've tried most of the script settings output in the listener that I thought were it but doesn't seem to be anything.

show renderers.current.Material_override_enabled I've used for a check box but I'm looking for something like:
show renderers.current.Material_override_matslot
« Last Edit: 2014-12-12, 05:29:37 by 3dwannab »

2014-12-12, 10:25:22
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is, but I would recommend using daily builds, since most parameters got renamed. It is now much easier to find the property you are looking for
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-12, 10:32:55
Reply #2

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
it is, but I would recommend using daily builds, since most parameters got renamed. It is now much easier to find the property you are looking for

But that also means if we are only using 7.2 the script is useless?

2014-12-12, 10:40:37
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
the property is still exposed, but with some non-sense name. There was a bug that caused the real set of names not to be displayed.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-12, 15:44:43
Reply #4

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's good to know,  thanks keymaster. Can I apply for daily builds then. I was going to yesterday but I wasn't sure if I would be eligible or not.

If not then, can you paste that non sense named property here :)

2014-12-12, 16:59:43
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sure, go ahead