Author Topic: MSX: How to get the same dialog as the exclusionListDlg() of the render dialog  (Read 2300 times)

2015-12-01, 19:17:45

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've asked here because it's nowhere to be found anywhere else and I was hoping to get some insight from some of the devs how you achieved this.

How did you get the exclusionListDlg() dialog populated with the renderers.current.overrideMtl_exclude array? See attached to where I'm referring.

My code for adding to the renderers.current.overrideMtl_exclude array:
Code: [Select]
matOverrideExcludeList = exclusionListDlg()
for i in matOverrideExcludeList do appendifunique renderers.current.overrideMtl_exclude i

I was looking to see how you managed to populate it (No where in MXS help does it state this)

My blind attempt:
Code: [Select]
exclusionListDlg().items = #(1,2,3)

2015-12-01, 19:36:55
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we use C++ API, where you have to specify the included items as a parameter of the function
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-12-01, 20:24:42
Reply #2

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ondra for the prompt reply. I'm completely new to the C++ API so a link to what I'm suppose to be looking for would be great. :]

2015-12-01, 22:53:59
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Interface::DoExclusionListDialog(ExclList *nl, BOOL doShadows=TRUE)=0

But I am not sure if you can invoke it from maxscript...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-12-01, 23:58:21
Reply #4

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile