Author Topic: license pc transfer!!  (Read 6578 times)

2015-03-01, 10:26:10

3dgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i read that in the box version no switch beetween work and home pc is possible! How works it by the fairsass, with license export, like 3ds for example??

2015-03-01, 10:30:53
Reply #1

3dgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i want to now because i have to decide wich kind of version i will buy!

2015-03-01, 11:34:59
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
With FairSaaS you just log in at both computers using your email and our system handles the rest automatically
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-01, 12:18:55
Reply #3

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me take the opportunity to ask you to enable the same thing for the workstation box license on subscription (just on subscription if you want, as a subs benefit), and only for the GUI license, not for the nodes :)

Cheers.

2015-03-01, 12:41:24
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We are currently not planning that, because the licensing system does not allow it - box licenses are activated forever, without the need to use internet - which makes them non-compatible with log-in floating licensing. We would have to internally create another hybrid licensing scheme just for this, then user would have to choose between "floating" and "fixed", which would be confusing... sorry, we are trying to keep things simple ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-01, 13:10:41
Reply #5

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
mmmm crap... but can we deactivate one manually and reactivate it? (via the website for example) so we can manually free the license and manually activate it again in another computer.

Cheers!

2015-03-01, 13:42:15
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
with box? No, that is not supported. You would need to write us, it is not an automatic process, and it is to be used only in special circumstances (e.g. byuing new PC, HDD crash). The solution is to use FairSaaS

2015-03-01, 15:42:16
Reply #7

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Then we will never be able to handle our licenses via the subscription site?

Cheers.

2015-03-01, 15:43:03
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
only for saas

2015-03-01, 16:13:56
Reply #9

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That is not cool, I'll have to live with it if you don't change it, but that is not cool, because there are times when I have to do a fast reinstall during the night because some problem arised and there are times when I had to reinstall the same computer up to five times after having all working those five times, and if I cant remove the license myself from the node (or export it manually) for example that generates a problem, I know you prefer SaaS, and I can understand your reasons, and what I most love of having both is that I can work with my box+subs knowing that I have my license even if I don't have money, and that I can expand the needed licenses to the farm when needed, but you have to think a bit more in box users, and think that I'm not saying in box as is, but in box+subs users, we cannot depend always on you to deactivate and reactivate a license, that is a problem and is not related jsut to box or SaaS :P

I'm not cool with that (and you know I'm pretty cool with you and Corona hehehe), as I said, if I have to live with that, i'll do, but I'm not cool with that, a bit more credit to Box+Subs users should be given, that's why subs is useful, becuase you can identify us, and you can give us that possiibility, without Subs, you may be unable to do that, but with subs you could let us do this, manually and from the site, with internet connection and even with notification to you to detect possible tricksters, even force us to deactivate a license (export it) to activate it in other computer, this way we will be forced to contact your when the computer is broken/destroyed or we are unable to access it becasue the system is dead or something, or because we are changing the computer because the preivous died, but if we have to reinstall manually, knowingly, we could be able to deal with this ourselves.

Give us, box+subs users a bit more love, I know we are the ugly son in your eyes, but we also love you... we deserve a bit more love <8ยท

Cheers.

2015-03-01, 16:25:02
Reply #10

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry I misunderstood a little - there might be some automatic rehosting in the future, but it just wont be intended to emulate floating licenses

2015-03-01, 16:42:24
Reply #11

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, that is ok, if I have to manually detach a license and re-attach that license to another computer, it migh be a lot less comfortable and automatic than floating licenses, but at least I can do it by myself if I need to, and that is what I was saying, I know it's not going to be like floating licenses.

Cheers!

2015-03-03, 10:11:37
Reply #12

gabrielefx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here I found the answers.

Some new questions:
What happens if during a rendering sequence the Internet access fails temporarily?
Does the floating licensing system ping your servers on each frame?

Corona web servers are redundant? stable? mirrored?

May I have my personal license server and log whatever workstation I want?
I want to be sure that during a rendering job everything works at 100% with zero issues with and without Internet connection.

regards

2015-03-03, 17:22:05
Reply #13

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
the license is checked every few days, and is renewed for 14+ days ahead (the exact number might change in the future), so the timeout would have to be for few weeks.

Corona server is hosted in the biggest czech commercial datacentre with state of the art cooling, security, anti-ddos protection, and backups.