Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 486803 times)

2013-09-28, 01:42:09
Reply #45

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Juraj_Talcik

as always, your works are always very nice

Can you describe the scene and the global settings in detail?

Thank
Raf

2013-09-28, 02:09:10
Reply #46

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Juraj_Talcik

as always, your works are always very nice

Can you describe the scene and the global settings in detail?

Thank
Raf

I will, next week, need to finish this job, another job, and then I finish tutorial :- )
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-09-28, 03:01:48
Reply #47

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Guys, any advice welcome, person who solves it, will get 20 beers. Or I will repay the service somehow in meaningful way if I can help.

I need to light the scenes using lights that simulate COLORED LED (Philips HUE https://www.meethue.com/en-US ) lights. But no matter what RGB value I set inside CoronaLight, they do not behave like I would expect.
I don't know anything about artificial light and my research fails me.

This is what I need to do: Notice also how the lights have incredible intensity, while still keeping color and not even burning the source ! what the hell is this trickery

Do you know about any secret tricks, formulas for conversion ? I have simple jpeg gradient with colors, but how do I set up lights so they end up being such color ?

Yes, I am complete beginner to artificial lightning, and I feel desperate. Been studying substractive lights, RGB gamma conversions, etc. for 6 hours and I am getting nowhere.

Maybe I should be studying Neon lights for similar behaviour ? Can't figure out how to create the exact color I need.

Maybe I should go sleep instead
« Last Edit: 2013-09-28, 03:38:37 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-09-28, 03:45:01
Reply #48

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-09-28, 08:16:01
Reply #49

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Guys, any advice welcome, person who solves it, will get 20 beers. Or I will repay the service somehow in meaningful way if I can help.

I need to light the scenes using lights that simulate COLORED LED (Philips HUE https://www.meethue.com/en-US ) lights. But no matter what RGB value I set inside CoronaLight, they do not behave like I would expect.
I don't know anything about artificial light and my research fails me.

This is what I need to do: Notice also how the lights have incredible intensity, while still keeping color and not even burning the source ! what the hell is this trickery

To avoid burns, use the higlight compression in post processing. Should that be for any reason insufficient, you can use standard 3dsmax lights, where you can specify falloff, but I strongly discourage that.

As for the color, if you need stronger tint than you can get with RGB colors, you can put CoronaSolidTex into the texmap slot of the light, switch its input method to the spinners, and set NEGATIVE values for some components (e.g. for very bright red set blue and green to some negative colors). You can create extremely pure colors outside the RGB gamut with this method.

Please test this ASAP, I want to drink for free at Splash :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-28, 10:10:53
Reply #50

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Lots of nice advice

Hey, feeling alive at this time :- ) ? Thanks, thats sums it up nicely though ! It stays there regardless of MSI, and I only use Hybrid mode (even in scenes where the glass is just everywhere, even regular glass seems to do just fine, but I want to err on the safer side).
Now the playing between PT and SMs kinda annoys me, because I can't really decide when the settings are on the best spot and when it's overkill/under no matter how many tests I do. I can play forever with it :- D

But since you mention value 8 for SMs, that's not so high, and maybe I could just set this value there as default ? What is the range of values here that people use ? For example I will also include artificial lights here, where would be some sweat-spot to keep safe ?

Now, when I think of it, this noise appears only once I include CoronaSun as additional light to HDRi. Could this mean something ?

CoronaSun has "Separate sampling" checkbox. You may want try to turn it off and see how that goes.

As for LSM value, you only need to raise that if direct lighting is the slowest lighting component converging in your scene. They all converge parallel, and if your direct lighting is somewhat complex, it may take unnecessarily long to converge, because it gets insufficient samples at the same time when for example GI is already getting more than it needs. So by raising it, you can multiply how many samples direct lighting gets and put it's convergence on par with other components.

So raise it from default only, when you have suspicion it could be the slowest converging part of lighting solution.

2013-09-28, 10:52:09
Reply #51

ivaylovelkov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there. I'm not an expert but i made this quick test. I think this is close to the searched result. Of course it need more work on the materials and render settings, but i just convert a vray scene and i put corona+ies lights. I think with better materials will have potential :)
P.S. - I'll appreciate if you check the last 3 images from my gallery and give some comment if there's a something that is obviously wrong for a proffesional like you :)
http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,1623.0.html

2013-09-28, 11:47:22
Reply #52

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm not quite sure what the issue is in your light setup but here is a really quick test of mine. I just tried to make the scene at least a bit physically realistic by setting up camera (F 2, 1/30s, ISO 1600), skylight colour, giving the lights high saturation (for example: 255,5,5) and like Keymaster wrote - spinning highlight compression until it looks acceptable. I hope it looks similar to your reference picture.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-28, 12:33:47
Reply #53

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning

Hi maru
" I just tried to make the scene at least a bit physically realistic by setting up camera (F 2, 1/30s, ISO 1600), skylight colour,..... "

This type of setting of the camera, are present in the new version 6 of Corona?

Thanks
Raf

2013-09-28, 13:24:13
Reply #54

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

As for the color, if you need stronger tint than you can get with RGB colors, you can put CoronaSolidTex into the texmap slot of the light, switch its input method to the spinners, and set NEGATIVE values for some components (e.g. for very bright red set blue and green to some negative colors). You can create extremely pure colors outside the RGB gamut with this method.

Please test this ASAP, I want to drink for free at Splash :D

This should be it !! Whoa, didn't have any idea such think is possible.

Well, don't worry you have those beers anyway :- )

Hey much thanks guys for helping, those who happen to be in Prague and Venice will get their beers, the rest have my honest gratitude :- )

Yesterday I thought this would take like 10 minutes, and I ended up experimenting 8+ hours in the end into utter desperation.

Maru and Ivan, those pictures you did have exactly my problem, the lights vane in saturation through their intensity and also change their tone/hue. The LED lights have some extremely rich, saturated colors, and with standard RGB I was not able to get the exact tones I wanted. Also, I need to reproduce some very exact tones, and I wonder outside of experimentation, if there is some rough formula that can help.

Try this color from this gradient (the extremes on left and right).

I'll have a look Ivan !
« Last Edit: 2013-09-28, 13:31:40 by Juraj_Talcik »

2013-09-30, 18:15:56
Reply #55

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well, Keymasters' suggestion worked. The colors could be reproduced only within the HDR range on CoronaSolidTex. It's btw nightmare to get the tone you want, seriously, slight movement can change hue and intensity drastically. I still own him 20 beers, but only because we got stuck on damn highway. Very cool guy and I am happy to met him.

Btw, it's NOT some sort of artistic endeavor of mine, but commercial project that illustrates how PHILIPS HUE with AMBILIGHT light application works within interiors. This crazy gradient is called "Night in Paris" :- ) I ain't the one who chose it.

Many more variations will come :- D

Regular 4000Kelvin lighting.

Romantic morning mood = )

« Last Edit: 2013-09-30, 18:43:55 by Juraj_Talcik »

2013-09-30, 18:20:22
Reply #56

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Well, thats kinda trippy :D
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2013-09-30, 18:25:19
Reply #57

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well, thats kinda trippy :D

Well wait till you see Purple/Blue Bedroom.

But in all honesty, it somehow happens to look really cool in reality when you see it. We have this montaged into our real bedroom, and it's big fun. This is how the product looks like:

2013-09-30, 18:32:49
Reply #58

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Will buy some for gf`s brother :)
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2013-09-30, 18:37:16
Reply #59

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Will buy some for gf`s brother :)

Just wait till you see the price :- ( ...