Author Topic: Team Render has been completely unusable  (Read 29254 times)

2017-09-05, 00:57:09
Reply #15

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Shane,

the new daily build is out (https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=15602.msg108734#msg108734). Can you please test it whether it fixes your problems?

Nikola

Fantastic work Nikola!  I tried it with a simple scene using Team Render R19 and it appears to work very well.  I will give it a good test this week and let you know if I encounter any issues but it looks like you fixed it.  Thank you so much for getting to this so quickly!

-Shane

2017-09-07, 22:26:06
Reply #16

shane_w

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A little follow up.  After running for a few days and over 30 projects I am happy to report that I haven't had a single client go offline or crash.

We appreciate your hard work Nikola!

Thanks,

-Shane

2019-01-25, 13:33:47
Reply #17

jamieirvin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Infinite3D
Hi,

I have been reading this thread and Shane has kindly been assisting me in setting up my team render server.

However, I have a few issues with how it is all working.

I am finding that when I try to render a still on the Team Render Server using the web app, it spends a loooooong time preparing and then crashes.

I have used Shane's hack to render a still as a single frame animation which works, but if I try to harness the power of all 14 machines for one image it fails every time.

I'm guessing this isn't normal...

Core 3 HF2 - C4D R19 - OSX 10.13.2 - 64GB RAM

2019-01-25, 14:13:50
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, for 14 machines you'd need an extended Corona license - the default license only supports 3 render clients. How many render nodes do you have with your license?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-02, 08:32:02
Reply #19

vonlanthen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • kv3d.tumblr.com
i was wondering if anyone still has this problem. we also have problems rendering jobs and jobs getting stuck at the last frame and wont continue. very very frustrating because you leave the renderfarm running over the weekend, only to find out it rendered 10% of your jobs. not very eco friendly either.
is that on coronas side or is that a c4d issue?
we use macs and windows pcs. most of the time it works and the solution is to stop and start the render again.

2019-09-02, 15:08:13
Reply #20

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Which version of Corona are you using, vonlanthen? (And version of C4D)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us