Author Topic: [Old] Development break, Alpha5 plans  (Read 28457 times)

2013-04-09, 23:12:12
Reply #15

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
This is one of the possibilities. When this was first mentioned about a year ago, I though it was not possible, but now I am not so sure. But first I need to know how much money I will need and what will be the timeframe. One of the reasons to go on the break is to plan this out. It might be even possible that we'll be able to finance most of it from our own sources. There are also some negotiations with some big companies (don't worry, no autodesk ;)), so we will see ;)

all is right - good made plan is half of job.
wish you achieve all your goals

2013-04-09, 23:18:04
Reply #16

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Octane ideas was good in my opinion. Two years ago, when Radiance was the main leader, I payed 49 euro for a beta for a short time (the full price for the beta was 99 euro). This would have ensured me the v1.0 version without spending anything more. Now Octane cost 359  (Studio + 3ds max plug) . With my 49 euro, I helped the programmers and now I've got a v1.0  )) It' was like a kickstarter.
But when I bought Octane, the beta wasn't good as Corona is now ;-)

"Our beta program allows users to buy a license for Octane Render Studio Edition Beta releases, at half the normal retail price. Your beta license will also be valid for the final v1.0 Studio Edition release, and subsequent dot releases such as v1.1, v1.2, etc, and will allow a reduced upgrade cost to future v2.0 releases. "
« Last Edit: 2013-04-09, 23:20:46 by cecofuli »

2013-04-09, 23:30:38
Reply #17

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
what about doing donate for you on develop this product?
and/or what about buying futures on license corona?
just give us "corona's account" or webmoney account and, think, lot of us will want help you with it.

sorry if subject being discussed

thanks for your amazing job!

I agree, hope also western union for my donation is accepted cause i can't use paypal here unluckily

2013-04-10, 00:23:50
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I can't do kickstarter, I am no good at talking about redefining experiences in front of overexposed camera :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-10, 01:04:08
Reply #19

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
I can't do kickstarter, I am no good at talking about redefining experiences in front of overexposed camera :D

so we need find a frontman )))

2013-04-10, 02:22:46
Reply #20

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile

i'm sure you will  love the camera haha

2013-04-10, 08:37:22
Reply #21

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
+1
This idea visited more than once my head and I am pleased to support the development of a personal budget.
sorry for my english

2013-04-10, 16:08:09
Reply #22

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1
This idea visited more than once my head and I am pleased to support the development of a personal budget.

+1
That is what i mean when i told that i prefer to be a contributor than a costumer.

Obviusly is Keymaster call and he must do what he wants.

There are also some negotiations with some big companies (don't worry, no autodesk ;)), so we will see ;)
.... I see dead people..... :D

2013-04-11, 21:16:52
Reply #23

olejka2k

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Kickstarter is a good idea, everyone can bake there, but there is a problem with it - the specialization is not that wide and not a fact you will get desired amount of money to continue development.
So it's time to start your own business - it will be really new and great phase of development of Corona Renderer. Thank you for your great work , we will be waiting for any news !

2013-04-12, 00:17:32
Reply #24

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I think the Octane business modelled worked great for them.
Either way I'd be happy to pay for a beta or help contribute to Kickstarter.
2 years for a commercial version,  WTF ?
Corona is better than most renderers I have paid for ;)

2013-04-12, 03:06:37
Reply #25

Maynard

+1
+1 You can count me in too. This is definitely one of those projects that deserves the support of the community.

2013-04-22, 13:42:00
Reply #26

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona is a very commercial value of software!
I like it very much!

I think that it should be released first as an architectural renderer.
Because its rendering speed is amazing in the outdoor performance.
May be integrated into Autodesk design MAX.

Then, the development of animation and other areas.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-22, 13:49:12 by woshilvba »

2013-04-22, 19:33:06
Reply #27

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona is a very commercial value of software!
I like it very much!

I think that it should be released first as an architectural renderer.
Because its rendering speed is amazing in the outdoor performance.
May be integrated into Autodesk design MAX.

Then, the development of animation and other areas.

Now, I don't know Ondra at all... But even so, I think he's got much more brains than just releasing a feature incomplete renderer that might be "good enough".

We've got a revolution here going on, can't you see?! :D

Although corona already starts kicking ass of Vray and others at archviz, this needs to keep going on until developers of renderman and arnold quit business :D

Just my 2 cents, as I think you have to keep your targets very high, so that when you'd stop half-way, you're still satisfied :D

2013-05-02, 18:37:28
Reply #28

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Ondra, there are about 2500 members in this forum. How many active users? How many of us are using Corona for production?
I'm starting using Corona for production render, at my risk, because if you decide to stop the develope I loose a lot of time!!! but I want to trust in you. And if I produce money with my work using your sw, I think it is correct to help you also if the release is not commercial.
About your business plan, I think it should be so useful for us to know how much money will you need to go on with your project for the next 2 years, because I think that if you ask us to contribute with a donation to help you, a lot of us will do it.
Just for example, if you ask me to pay a fee to be part of the alpha and beta testing, having the opportunity to use your Corona, and having a licence at the end of the development, or better, to be a part of a large international company, of course I'll send you the money right now! Maybe not all 2500 users are thinking like me, but I think a lot of them would like to help you in this, and a lot of fee could become a great way to finance your sw development.... if an half of us will contribute with (just to say) 50 or 100 euro....
So, +1 for me, anyone else with me?!?!
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2013-05-02, 20:27:04
Reply #29

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Ondra, there are about 2500 members in this forum. How many active users? How many of us are using Corona for production?
There are 2500 members, but only about 300 unique visitors daily. I don't have any usage stats.

I'm starting using Corona for production render, at my risk, because if you decide to stop the develope I loose a lot of time!!! but I want to trust in you.
I've been developing it nonstop for 4 years and I have no reasons to stop now. I was offered some high-end jobs because of Corona, but I declined. I'm not in it for the money. I need them mainly to finance the development. So you dont have to worry.

The rest will be dealt with when I have a clear business plan (which I keep postponing ;)). But it would be most useful to have an estimate how many people would be willing for example to buy a licence now for discounted price.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)