Author Topic: Why is Corona Blender exporter developed by community, not by us  (Read 56601 times)

2020-10-01, 15:32:46
Reply #30

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where is the right place to write that Blender users would like to have a new exporter to the new Standalone format?

2020-10-01, 17:42:10
Reply #31

Scope

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-10-02, 14:42:16
Reply #32

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Where is the right place to write that Blender users would like to have a new exporter to the new Standalone format?
Anywhere. :) Here is fine. But it doesn't change anything, as we are already very much aware of it.

Is this relevant also regarding the Standalone version?
(the last post)
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=238.msg175976#msg175976
If you mean Corona Standalone in general - no, we are still actively developing it.
If you mean Corona Standalone for Blender - yes, that post was written as a reply to the previous post.
BUT, check out this blog post: https://blog.corona-renderer.com/behind-the-scenes-what-now-after-corona-renderer-6/
The improved standalone format opens up the potential for it to be utilized with exporters from other platforms such as Blender (we are thinking about helping the development of the third-party open source Corona Exporter from Blender)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-03, 00:02:20
Reply #33

Scope

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's pretty great news! But does the "exporter approach" mean that the functionality will be limited? Or does it all depend on the skills of the people who develop the exporter? I wish it could be something like Octane or Redshift (in development) for Blender. Is anyone actively working on it now though, or should we be looking for some talented people? I wish I knew anything about coding...

2020-10-15, 14:47:19
Reply #34

Zorian

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think that we need to look for someone by ourselves. But I think that will not succeed. I would love to have Corona in Blender, but well...