Author Topic: Corona Popularity - Introduce your self  (Read 36267 times)

2013-07-09, 15:09:25
Reply #30

chilombiano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It all sounds a bit like a AA meeting: ..i used to consume 10 hrs of vray for the last five years until i found Corona!.. But not far from the truth actually:).. The problem is who's going to save me from Corona now?

Hello guys. I stumbled across this site by absolute accident as i was looking into some news into sky model implementations. First thing that catch my eye was keymaster's last line in the faq about not having time for a hip website design ..which somehow... defines Corona. I have spent no more than 1/2 day playing with it and found myself actually really happy enjoying rendering again. Looked into the whole forum and noticed this is actually a very cool small and engaged community where we the users can make a difference through  keymaster's amazing drive to make corona an awesome tool.

Anyways. I have been working with images analog or digital for the last 13 years. Eight of those exclusively doing vfx for the film industry and i hope i can collaborate with some feedback, dialogue and images ( although there is never enough time ) in this forum. I'm really impressed by this tool and the people behind.

I would say Corona sits with Arnold in a category on their own but ..hmm, i better leave this for another post.

To sleep now.

//

2013-07-19, 14:15:23
Reply #31

ikifenix

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First: Sorry for my bad english.

I just tested corona and must say is awesome!! It's like maxwell but really and awesome fast and easy to understand. I can't believe is developed by 1 guy, Ondra KarlĂ­k is my new god.

30 years, Spain, 3d as hobby since 3d studio max 1.

2014-01-15, 00:07:15
Reply #32

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Been using MAX since 6.0, started in 2003 in college. Primarily always used mr, but have been venturing into VRay also. Though once Corona caught my attention (thanks to Juraj's work on Ronen's forum and once I found out Ludvik was involved I was sold), I decided to give it a shot. I've been really impressed so far and have started to implement it into my work, both professional and personal. Currently I work on the design team for Goldstein, Hill & West Architects in NYC and got into architecture thanks to LEGO.

I haven't always had the most impressive work, but I am eager to learn and always improve. Using mr didn't always yield the best results, hence my move into VRay, and now into Corona. I've never actually posted my work on a forum before, mainly because I was never satisfied with it since I strive for the best, but I'll be updating my work with Corona and sharing it here soon.

The community here is great, and I hope it continues to grow and succeed.

2014-01-15, 10:27:19
Reply #33

neri69

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there, working with autodesk as an training center since 1993 a lot of trained people in CAD, GIS, MCAD and 3ds from Dos Versions.
Then when training became obsolete and no more a business (2007) became specialized in BIM and MEP and coaching small studio in archviz to squeeze MR and iray....
Always watching new technology and renderer (CPU and GPU) i was fascinated from Corona near 3 months ago...

2014-06-17, 03:19:40
Reply #34

Malkosh

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I'm new here and excited to test corona for rendering, i usually work on marvelous designer and modo for 3D. Recently learning octane and now corona. Hope to impress your community and forum.

Oh and is there a mac version to download?

Cheers,

https://www.behance.net/zeropointpolygon
« Last Edit: 2014-06-17, 03:23:02 by Malkosh »

2014-06-18, 14:23:19
Reply #35

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi my name is Pedro

I start in Max maybe around 1997, then i used caligari and joined gamedev world in 2000 doing coding and 3d models.
After that i made my bachelor degree in Architecture and later the master degree, and joined the archivz world and started using cinema4d, till today my main work is 3darchviz. In the company where i work we owne cinema4d and vray licenses.
I meet corona about 1 year ago, in a forum i dont remember witch one, but i remember the work i saw was from Juraj Talcik and i just got so impressed that i start googling about corona...found it and after that i jut got addicted to check the corona forum almost everyday looking at pictures and waiting some info from the cinema4d corona development.
Final words: It was a pleasure to meet corona!
best regards

2014-06-18, 16:49:34
Reply #36

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
Hey everyone. My name is Dave. I have been working in my own company using Max for over 10 years now called www.iamstatic.com doing mainly animation and print for commercials and a bit of film. We switched to Vray 2 years ago and have been very happy with it. But I have been sneaking Corona into my workflow where I can, mainly on product renders, and less so on animation. i have also found it great for doing style frames during the pitch process to win jobs. I love the Corona team and what they have done so far, and we plan to continue using it more and more.

I love 3ds Max because with a small team we can get so much work done and fast. And Corona makes it very simple to sit and get some great renders out. I really hope to have more time to post some renders here. My work tends to be less about being photo real, but like to live in that world in terms of lighting and materials.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-18, 17:00:16 by davemahi »

2014-06-23, 18:24:27
Reply #37

GestaltDesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all, I'm Jon and have worked as an industrial designer for the last ten years but have always spent way more time on the rendering than any of my bosses would have liked!!
I think I have more fun visualizing than designing. First met rendering with Artlantis in 1998 (damn it was ahead of its time) and then moved onto Vray and trialed and tested everything in between. Funny how I found Corona, got fed up with the time consumption of Vray and hated the restriction of Key/Bunkspeed shot so thought lets review GPU rendering. Then during a big test ironically came across a CPU renderer thats output kicked arse and a speed that left my jaw on the floor.
I then picked up on the attitude of Ondra and the team and the deal was done for me, 2 months on and I am still being impressed!
It's all about product and studio rendering for me taking models from Alias, Rhino, Solidworks and Catia into Max, that's where I want to improve and look forward to learning more here.

2014-06-23, 20:03:48
Reply #38

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi to everyone, my name is Boris Quezada, i'm from Chile.
I started to do  3d about 5 years ago just cause i like it then moved to work in 3d cause i needed the income.
i have spend 2 years working for an architecture firm doing some boring task in autocad and when bosses didnt look, started to link autocad files to max and hit some renders after hours.
I painfully learn how to model in Autocad , then Solidworks but i fall to Blender cause  it was open source. Then start to get in 3d forums a little, then a little more  and finally get a grasp of 3dsMax in college. After that try to learn vray for a couple of time wondering why is that painfull to get what i see in my head.
This year i discover (almost by accident) Corona renderer and i never look back.

I'm a Corona evangelist ever since spreading the word.

Actually i work for a company that does 3d animation videos for big mining process (pretty serious stuf XD).
My greatest achievement  lately was to convince my boss to install Corona in the company farm, it was so straightforward process and it coupling so nicely with our previous workflow that i can belive the time i passed trying to learn other stuff.

Now my time in this company is almost over and i have to move on. I dont know what the destiny have for me depared but sincerely i hope it has something to do with 3D.

Engeneering from mind, 3D generalist from heart.

Greeting from Chile
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-07-07, 02:46:54
Reply #39

ArtistBob

• Users
  • Artist/Sculptor, Metals, Paint, Plastics, CG's
    • View Profile

I am Robert Palmer (Alias: ArtistBob) of Palmer Design. We are NEW on board! Ran across your video on YouTube while at the KeyShot 5 site and you put together a nice impressive presentation! Although you have some catching up to do with Luxion but it's always exciting to see a new company develop and be a part of their growth. Although My Company, Palmer Design has been well diversed for over 40 years, I chose to try out your program because of my most recent side venture involving 3-D digital graphics which I find exciting and easy to get hooked on. Please say hello and I look forward to reviewing the new program!

ArtistBob . . .  over
Live like there's no tomorrow, Create Art as if you will live forever!

2014-09-04, 05:57:52
Reply #40

AnnieC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm Annie. I was interested in 3D graphics since I was a child, I tried several versions of 3ds Max, Rhino and AutoCAD in the last 14 years but somehow I never managed to get really serious with 3D in that time. It seems that I'm drawn to 3D graphics because no matter what I do I always end up experimenting with 3D modeling and rendering. I have experience in 2D graphics, video and sound editing, a little programming and I was a system administrator too in two of my jobs. I'm quite a geek :)

2 years ago when I had the chance I completed a 3ds Max course and I decided that I will look into it a little further and started on a long journey of learning. I had very little free time because of my job but as a side job I did some simple product visualizations with tight deadlines for a company.

I was using MR but I was not completely satisfied with it in my personal project and I remembered that one of our instructors has shown us the work of Jeff Patton as an example of great quality Iray rendering. I tried Iray and I quite liked it even tough I had some issues with it. The speed wasn't that great(I guess because I don't own an nVidia GPU) but I thought I should stick with it for a while to see if I should invest in GPUs.
As I checked Jeff Patton's portfolio a few weeks ago I've seen the images made with Corona. At first I did not want to try Corona because I had enough to learn as it is and trying another renderer seemed too time consuming. But my curious nature won and I started to read about Corona. A little later I was downloading and installing it and setting up my materials and doing test renders. The speed and quality was great, I don't think I'll buy GPUs for rendering anytime soon.

I am amazed by the talent on this forum, I think I will learn a lot by just reading the posts here.

As I gain some experience I may be able to help in testing, I have worked in QA and used Mantis for bug reporting so it's not an unfamiliar territory for me.
I hope I will be able to contribute to this great forum someday.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-04, 06:04:32 by AnnieC »

2014-10-28, 04:33:12
Reply #41

abubaker

• Active Users
    • View Profile
was looking to test a new render engine for the CGTalk lighting challenge. It is not as full featured as the others who have been in the Market for years, but It is just an infant so I am sure it will grow to be a fine renderer.  I wish I could control the distribution of scattered objects with vertex paint.

2014-11-04, 07:42:48
Reply #42

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
Hello, I'm Omar , an Interior Designer from Egypt, I'm 25 (turning 26 next December).
I stumbled upon Corona about a year ago, while searching for unbiased/physically based render engines.
I am working in 3D arch-viz for about 12 years ( 8 years professional ), I usually visualize my own designs, sometimes I do 3D for other designers.
I started in 2002 with Maya, after a couple of months I changed to Rhino, then settled for 3dsMax, I guess it was Discreet 3ds Max 6.
then I learned Vray, worked/played with it for about 5 years,then switched to Cinema4D and VrayforC4D , worked with it from 2007/2008 till late 2011. also worked with Fryrender, Indigo, and Octane.
Then switched to max and vray again but I've been always in love with unbiased/physically based renderers. Till I met Corona :D I fell in love with how it works and how the developing team is thinking.  and now I'm taking decisions concerning working with it on all of my projects and also buying it (as I never bought any software in my life -shame on me- but this culture is not mainstream in Egypt or most of Arab countries as we find softwares are so EXPENSIVE, on the other hand they are always available in cracked versions). Also I told about 8 of my friends about Corona and they are starting to loving it and working with it. I'm HEAVILY marketing here in Egypt and giving good reputation to Corona :D
That's it. Thank YEW :D

2014-11-04, 10:45:39
Reply #43

xt13r

• Active Users
  • Viva la Corona!
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Wow. It's very interesting to read about who is who and where came from to this forum and Corona)
Hi. I'm Timur. I'm from Russia. I've met Corona in about 2012-2013 after seeing some posts with works from corona on russian very popular site for architects and designers 3DDD(they have now their foreign copy 3DSKY), when it was on alpha4 stage, as i remember. It was always very interesting for me to recognize and met with new features and stuff, but almost all things in about 3-4 last years wasnt so revolutionary as it would like be (well, maybe except fusion in modo and superduper fast integrating features in zbrush)). So I was seating on vray for last 7 years, but also tried mentalray,maxwell,fryrender,thea,keyshot, octane...Until met with Corona)
Ah, and i'm currently working in arch studio and doing lot of arch visualizations. and working slowly on my personal projects...very slowly, unfortunately(
So, now Corona is my personal favorite render for my tasks.
I can tell, that as only i see those images in gallery and read timestamps on there (and at the first i can't believe to my eyes), after that i seat and read forum, and after trying myself alpha4 - after that i decided that this should be my main renderer in working process.
And especially after DeadClown posted his script for converting vray materials to corona (thank you again, DeadClown, for this superuseful script!) - it becames very pleasent to use this renderer)

And now, with interactive renderer, working and adjusting scene - is like magic)) with some rare crashes,haha) But, hay, it's almost alpha!) And, hay, even thow it's alpha it is so powerful and useful already)

So, i'm very waiting for the first commercial release v.1.0 and definitely will buy this powerful thing named Corona.
And i'm happy with pricing politics, thanks for this to Ondra and his team)

2014-11-21, 07:58:47
Reply #44

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
greetings, my name is Christa Noel.
where did i find corona?? ... i don't remember at all... seriously, i can't find it in my head.
i'm a newbie 3d generalist. basicaly i'm an engineer at a wooden furniture manufacturer since 2005. but after a couple years many design project was handled by me. then i became an interior designer & 3d generalist freelancer at 2012.
last year, when i first time download corona, it is v6. so promising.. so natural.. so adorable...
then, the second days since i played with it, i created 2 still images for commercial.
without thinking any other consideration i decided to switched to corona. vray was trashed away (never use it again till now, even once time. i'm so sorry vray)
now i work for another furniture manufacturer as 3d generalist on design development division, but outside job (3D visualization) is available too. 90% of my job is product shot.