Author Topic: CoronaTonemapControl buggy (needs on and off to get it to "stick")  (Read 1534 times)

2018-09-14, 15:31:22

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
When using CoronaTonemapControl to stop a background photo having exp/tone mapping affecting it, when using a coronacamera and playing around with those controls it also affects the background, until you turn On and back Off those switches in the map. Basically it's just very fiddly. I've also managed to crash max a few times by doing this too quickly.

This is all while using viewport IR by the way.

corona 2.0
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-09-14, 17:24:16
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
IR has to be restarted for the tone map controls to work - that's probably why you assumed that it started working for you once you turned it off an on again.
If you managed to crash it, please always send minidumps.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-09-14, 17:31:36
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure you had to tweak one parameter in the map and it would have the same effect as if IR was restarted (or change something else, sun intensity/position/materials etc). I don't think you had to restart IR to get it to refresh.

2018-09-14, 19:13:57
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, i think you have to actually restart IR for tonemapControl to take effect. At least that was the case some time ago.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-09-14, 20:09:16
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, IR needed a restart if postprocessing was changed, but it would update if you tweaked the map. Maybe there's a misunderstanding - IR needs a refresh trigger, but it can be any scene change.