Author Topic: Resume render extended to animation  (Read 3961 times)

2014-06-09, 19:23:33

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I was wondering as most of the 'resume' work is done concerning one image, wouldn't it be possible to do same for animation aka image sequence ? I did a quick render from animation, just to see if it was good looking, 20 passes, 720p... and then I was wondering if for very little effort you could not add that feature ? As animation and lights were good, I actually would have need 20 more passes per images but not much more.

That would allow to do quick preview render, validate or not the work, and resume from that.
Sometimes rendering just few image there and there is enough for checking the aspect, but to check the animation rythm/fluidity etc it's more convenient to render it low qual. but all along the sequence.

I guess the resume as it is can just check itself if there's a sequence of exr existing in the same folder, and would just eventually need option to override target passes or target time per image. Or make use of the same existing field too.
« Last Edit: 2014-06-09, 19:29:56 by Utroll »

2014-12-10, 19:36:18
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-11, 22:15:19
Reply #2

Utroll

• Active Users
    • View Profile
another take at the topic: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,6171.0.html

Yeah.. but he did a nice drawing :)
So you can nuke my thread for clarity.

Thanks and all the best (code) (and music while)

2014-12-12, 13:32:21
Reply #3

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Yeah.. but he did a nice drawing :)
<3
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2017-09-22, 15:08:28
Reply #4

StephenMF

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was thinking to post the same idea... but found this... could it be done with scripting?
Should it be a new "mode". or something special you get with Corona?

thx.
Stephen