Author Topic: [Useful Scripts\Tools]  (Read 253899 times)

2016-03-11, 10:16:42
Reply #210

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Holex

This is how we like it boys
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2016-03-11, 11:52:17
Reply #211

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

2016-03-20, 22:58:07
Reply #212

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Oh boy. I need some time to update this. I will add a couple more by tomorrow.

2016-04-07, 00:29:53
Reply #213

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just went a little weak at the knees!!

FloorGenerator V2.00

https://cg-source.com/floorgenerator.php

2016-04-07, 09:31:01
Reply #214

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
https://cg-source.com/floorgenerator.php

And it´s implemented as a modifier, very very nice!

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-04-07, 09:50:05
Reply #215

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hell, that is brutal !!
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-08, 17:04:12
Reply #216

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi there

The Design Connected Connecter app was already mentioned overhere.
http://blog.designconnected.com/manage-3d-files-connecter/

But, do you guys still use it?
Any draw backs?
Or any suggestions for a better 3d assets libary app?

2016-04-08, 17:24:28
Reply #217

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I thought the app to be genial. But I never quite learned to use it...

Thing is I've already had my assets organized on file drives. In each folder, labeled Sofas, for example, I had render and subfolder with said render that contained Max file and textures.
To make the app create neat structure, I would have to re-create it partly. Assign render to each Max file it would find. The app can do this automatically, but only if identically named render is exactly within the folder of Max file.

It becomes more hassle with "Collection" items. Let's use Evermotion vegetables, which has I dunno, 30 max files. The app will display 30 max files, which aren't named properly to start with by Evermotion, and you have to manually assign renders to those files so you can see what you are selecting. This is quite a work, so you might as well just skip it, open the .pdf that comes with such list and import it manually by yourself.

In short: to use it, you still have to do some manual clean-up :- ) It's additional work, so I might as well just stay with existing structure. Maybe if I had this app 4 years ago in beginning.

The app gives you a choice to display the shaded view as thumbnail, but that is pretty shit way to browse assets. Or I think it can render a preview for you, but those scenes aren't often positioned properly so such previews would suck as well.

Take-away: It's definitely the best app on market, it's greatly thought through. But it still requires work on your part and you know how time and patience is lacking commodity :- ).
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-04-08, 17:53:58
Reply #218

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
I figured out I had to do some work on it.
We have a file structure aswell, but organized on the source of the asset.
But maybe we cam keep our structure and make use of the categories you can define with it.

we'll see..

2016-04-08, 18:07:20
Reply #219

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
We use and enjoy Connector. It needs more development but it's very useful and pretty solid.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-04-13, 00:20:03
Reply #220

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use it alot. It totally depends on how you organise your folders. If set up correctly everything works very decent. I do however often encounter grid snapping to fail but I can workaround that by simply alligning it with something else in my scene.

The instant syncing and placing new folder items is very fast and easy to setup.

2016-04-13, 09:28:40
Reply #221

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Now that's a really cool painter: PhysX Painter

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-03, 09:52:43
Reply #222

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

Can somebody help me - I'd like to have button/check box "Rener hidden geometry" on my custom render panel, I didn't find the way how to do that. I use it very often and now I have to open general Render dialog just to check/uncheck it, all other most usable buttons I have on my own render panel - it doesn't take so much screen space and can be open always.

2016-05-03, 10:00:35
Reply #223

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

Can somebody help me - I'd like to have button/check box "Rener hidden geometry" on my custom render panel, I didn't find the way how to do that. I use it very often and now I have to open general Render dialog just to check/uncheck it, all other most usable buttons I have on my own render panel - it doesn't take so much screen space and can be open always.

The checkbox is trivial to add in script, but what do you mean by custom render panel?

2016-05-03, 10:35:22
Reply #224

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

The checkbox is trivial to add in script, but what do you mean by custom render panel?

Actually I mean most simplest toolbar I've made :)