Author Topic: [Useful Scripts\Tools]  (Read 250388 times)

2014-12-08, 22:21:19
Reply #90

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
You need the key to get the installer and you need to apply (even if it's "drop us a line") to get the key. IF they wanted that everyone could just download it and try it I guess they wouldn't have made it that complicated. So no matter how much "harm" it could do or not, it's from a restricted-access source and does not belong here.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-12-08, 22:35:28
Reply #91

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well just developer bussines out of reach from a simple hobbist renderman like i. Sorry for the issue. No harm intended.
Glad we have moderators for this matter.
Its just the "moderation act" starts to flame the molotov inside.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-12-08, 22:50:06
Reply #92

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You need the key to get the installer and you need to apply (even if it's "drop us a line") to get the key. IF they wanted that everyone could just download it and try it I guess they wouldn't have made it that complicated. So no matter how much "harm" it could do or not, it's from a restricted-access source and does not belong here.

Yep, sorry. Just trying to help out someone who really wants to try it. After you explained it... I realize the error :(

2014-12-09, 09:29:52
Reply #93

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

2014-12-09, 11:10:57
Reply #94

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
This one is amazing:

FragNoiser
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/fragnoiser

Does anyone know a script that allows me to align all the vertices between 2 vertices? And don't mean the scale the vertices or anything like that. I remember seeing a script that would align the points of a spline.

2014-12-09, 12:14:34
Reply #95

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Does anyone know a script that allows me to align all the vertices between 2 vertices? And don't mean the scale the vertices or anything like that. I remember seeing a script that would align the points of a spline.
This one is in the Miauu Vol2 scripts. 17$ if I can recall which is cheap for the tools you get. Straightens edges but in a different way than you want.

But here's what you're after: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/straighten-edge
« Last Edit: 2014-12-09, 12:32:40 by 3dwannab »

2014-12-09, 13:17:42
Reply #96

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have spent the last two days trying to install SP1 & SP2 into Max 2015.

Firstly, they don't load with the Autodesk loader without errors. Seems everyone on the net has the same issue... something to do with key register in Windows.
If I use the alternative (.exe) Win7 installer they successfully load but then my "Select & Place Tool" crashes Max on selection.
I only wanted to install the service packs so I could use EXT1 and the soon to arrive EXT2... which both require SP2 to be installed.... with the OpenSub-div tool which is like (Turbo Smooth Pro) and produces flawless creases without disturbing the UV maps.

In the end I gave up.

Then I discovered the script SubDivs: http://www.magicpics.com/mps/mps_opensubdiv.html
I don't know if this is the guy that originally invented the script for OpenSubDivs for EXT1? But, I can only use this script with a Nvidia graphic card with Cuda. Mine is an ATI Radeon.

So, again. Disappointment.

2014-12-09, 16:10:04
Reply #97

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Thanks 3dwannab. Once again you saved the day :D

I saw something very similar to use with splines. Is shame that the script doesn't constraint to the axis.

2014-12-09, 16:14:20
Reply #98

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Firstly, they don't load with the Autodesk loader without errors. Seems everyone on the net has the same issue... something to do with key register in Windows.
If I use the alternative (.exe) Win7 installer they successfully load but then my "Select & Place Tool" crashes Max on selection.
I only wanted to install the service packs so I could use EXT1 and the soon to arrive EXT2... which both require SP2 to be installed.... with the OpenSub-div tool which is like (Turbo Smooth Pro) and produces flawless creases without disturbing the UV maps.

In the end I gave up.

Then I discovered the script SubDivs: http://www.magicpics.com/mps/mps_opensubdiv.html
I don't know if this is the guy that originally invented the script for OpenSubDivs for EXT1? But, I can only use this script with a Nvidia graphic card with Cuda. Mine is an ATI Radeon.

If is a common problem, does Autodesk released any update? Or a solution? I don't have 2015 yet, but in a few more weeks the company is going to upgrade the license.

2014-12-09, 17:01:20
Reply #99

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks 3dwannab. Once again you saved the day :D

I saw something very similar to use with splines. Is shame that the script doesn't constraint to the axis.
Ah, no problem. Others I have are Neil Belvins Script pack which contains vertPlacer. But wait. Miauu does it again. This guys is a scripting legend. I never got round to using this yet though. It's part of his Vol2 pack also.

ENJOY!

2014-12-09, 17:50:17
Reply #100

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile

In the end I gave up.

If is a common problem, does Autodesk released any update? Or a solution? I don't have 2015 yet, but in a few more weeks the company is going to upgrade the license.

No. I am using factory edition of 2015 without any SP's installed. Runs okay with no problems. I will go on AREA and quiz them there... but it's just a hassle.

I had no problems with 2014. I was swayed by 2015 cos of the Select & Place Tool and the New Layer Tool... plus the improved viewport performance cos of Nitrous.
But, I don't use any of the things above and I still get lag with big scenes.

With 2014 I could also use Corona A6. Cannot do that with 2015.

Alot of companies have both 2014 and 2015 running cos of all the problems... from what I've read. But, if you look what's coming up in 2015 Extension2 on the 17th of December.. it looks exciting...
it's using ideas from Lumion where you can use pre-made templates to present your renders: http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/max/3ds-max-2015-extension-2

2014-12-09, 18:20:05
Reply #101

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Thanks for the help with DC but I'm just going to email them again.

As for 2015, I had a similar issue with SP2 for 2014. I ended having to reinstall and chose to download/apply all the service packs at the install when asked and it worked. Seems Autodesk is notorious with SP issues, also had an issue with AutoCAD 2013 SP2. I've just come to accept that the odd number year releases are horrible and never worth it, while the even number year releases are great and never give me issues for the most part in comparison.

Also the AREA forum is terrible. Ever since their login system conversion the place has died a horrible death. Haven't been able to login or use it since, and to be honest I don't miss it one bit.

2014-12-09, 20:21:52
Reply #102

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help with DC but I'm just going to email them again.

As for 2015, I had a similar issue with SP2 for 2014. I ended having to reinstall and chose to download/apply all the service packs at the install when asked and it worked. Seems Autodesk is notorious with SP issues, also had an issue with AutoCAD 2013 SP2. I've just come to accept that the odd number year releases are horrible and never worth it, while the even number year releases are great and never give me issues for the most part in comparison.

Also the AREA forum is terrible. Ever since their login system conversion the place has died a horrible death. Haven't been able to login or use it since, and to be honest I don't miss it one bit.

I am sure you will get your DC code eventually. I did'nt like it. It takes forever to load hi-res maps like Arroway. I always find gizmos and scripts to be more trouble... except the really basic... one-click-done scripts.
Downloading the SP's from install from AD did'nt work for me. Got failed to install error. I developed a phobia for updates on all software. I am new to Max coming from Sketchup. Though a hated Max at first... I love it now with a passion.

Funny you should say that about the AREA forum. I think there are only 5 people on it. It's like a ghost town. It takes days for me to get a reply to a question. I find MaxForums the best place on the net to get answers really quick. And it's a big laugh.
I will have to join up again. I skipped town for a while to lay low cos I ruffled a few feathers :)

2014-12-10, 09:27:34
Reply #103

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Regarding the DC, I find it quite useful. Is true some textures aren't shown in full quality, but I find that well played because it allows a smooth search. Also, the fact that you can create a list of favourites is useful.  The problem with the other method (using folders) is that I tend to forget what I have and use the same textures over and over again.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-10, 09:45:58 by Cyrus3v »

2014-12-10, 09:45:17
Reply #104

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Regarding the DC, I find it quite useful. Is true some textures aren't shown in full quality, but I find that well played because it allows a smooth search. Also, the fact that you can create a list of favourites is useful.  The problem with the other method (using folders) is that I tend to forget what I have and use the same textures over and over again.

Yes, me too. I use the same stuff and forget about other stuff in folders. Every now and again I discover a model or tex and remind myself to use it... but forget again.

I was so proud of my organizing system but I am abit confused now. I might give the DC gizmo another try and not use it for Arroway.
With Arroway I have all the packs (even pebbles). I put each texture into it's own folder and use the PDF catalogue (that comes with it) to decide what number texture I need.

I thought of keeping my folder system and just putting a low-res preview folder togther for each catagory.

It would be interesting to see how others do their organizing. I have two screens, but I am thinking a need 3. One for Max UI, one for Slate editor and one for mat & model material options.
Though I am worried this with heat the computer up too much and take away responsiveness cos of all the pixals being used.
I love the Slate Editor but it takes up too much space. Hopefully, one day, Max will create a built in system.

If you look at Max 2015 EXT2 that coming out on the 17th December (with subscription only) the are going in that direction.