Author Topic: Adaptivity/Denoising rendering playground  (Read 33570 times)

2016-04-05, 21:58:32
Reply #45

guest_guest

6 min ... Max 2013 + 1.4 beta ... 4790K + 16 GB ram ...

but ... what is the sample error ?? dead pixels ?? noise amount ??

2016-04-05, 22:03:37
Reply #46

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
but ... what is sample error ?? dead pixels ?? noise amount ??
Yes, it's a measure of noise in the picture.

2016-04-05, 23:04:21
Reply #47

guest_guest

14 min ... Max 2013 + 1.4 beta ... 4790K + 16 GB ram ...

too noisy in mirror's reflection !! :\

2016-04-05, 23:07:30
Reply #48

guest_guest

Here is reflection pass ...

2016-04-06, 11:22:39
Reply #49

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
14 min ... Max 2013 + 1.4 beta ... 4790K + 16 GB ram ...

This topic is for showing personal experiments with adaptivity and denoising features. To post anything with post production applied here, makes no sense at all. Especially when that post productions so horribly ruins whole image.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-07, 20:41:48
Reply #50

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will the noise reduction feature take into consideration distance from camera and object/texture size/detail?  So it doesn't confuse small intended geometry/texture detail with noise.

What's the approx release date of 1.4 by the way?  I'm just starting an unreal engine project, and would be tempted to hold fire if it's in the next week, so I can take advantage of render to texture.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-07, 20:48:01 by 3di »

2016-05-07, 23:23:16
Reply #51

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Will the noise reduction feature take into consideration distance from camera and object/texture size/detail?  So it doesn't confuse small intended geometry/texture detail with noise.

What's the approx release date of 1.4 by the way?  I'm just starting an unreal engine project, and would be tempted to hold fire if it's in the next week, so I can take advantage of render to texture.
As far as I read denoising papers... No, that information is not relevant at all.
You have known constants, normals after all the bump mapping and displacements stuff, albedo after the texture shading pipeline and coverage after the image has been sampled.
And the unknown constants, which is lighting. Since it is unknown we have to apply a large as possible filter kernel to average the samples, as supposed to average by sampling.
Let's define energy. Energy is where there is high variability of known stuff. More albedo noise, like grainy textures, high frequency normals increase that energy. This is the part where we cannot average and thus we chose the filter kernel low. As supposed to solid color, solid normals, where we have low energy coming from known constants, there we blur the crap out of the random lighting calculation. Lastly the local noise level is being used as a multiplier for the filter kernel aggressiveness. The coverage is being used as a cut-off not to blur edges.
As you see the (abbreviated) logic does not contain any info about camera position or textures per say, but it is solid in understanding what is detail and what is not.

The lead dev said here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11763.msg75973.html#msg75973
, that they aim at 16.05 as a release date. a realistic +/-a week is to be expected.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-07, 23:57:05
Reply #52

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models

Be aware, that RTT won't support projection mode in v1.4 If it's important to your project, you can wait no more and look into other options for baking until Corona brings support for projection baking.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-05-12, 06:40:10
Reply #53

3di

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the clarification guys.