Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Photographic (physical ) settings versus Simple exposure.

(1/3) > >>

frv:
Hi,
CR11
OSX Sonoma
Mac Studio Ultra

I am trying to understand and set photographic settings but somehow it does not have any significant effect. And so I always use simple exposure.

It looks like there are 3 separate locations for setting photographic settings, at corona camera level, at the VFB, and at the Camera/Postprocessing at the render settings. I have no clue in what way they override each other and also never see any effect on the image changing photographic settings at any of the locations. Why not simplify this and keep photographic settings only at camera level and make it work. I have never been able to reproduce a simple exposure of -5 for an exterior render by setting a photographic. Is it a bug or me with a lack of complicated knowhow that keeps me using simple exposure.

Beanzvision:
Hi, here are 2 renders at ''-5''. Photographic (left) & Simple (right). With Photographic checked you can then adjust the parameters in the settings tab of the camera tag.

frv:
Thanks, Beanzvision,
I simply can not render a photographic exposure, see attachment. As soon as I start a render the photographic exposure setting disappears in the vfb.  This is probably a bug in the latest 11 or I should go home and try this again after a good night sleep....

frv:
I added the photographic exposure to the CR camera tag and then at render it does not disappear from the settings in the VFB. But the render comes out black or very faint. So there is something not right here.

I always use the simple exposure so I am not stuck.

BigAl3D:
What we don't know is your Sky and Sun intensities. Your camera setting are fine unless the light is really bright. I am familiar with photography so I usually go with that workflow, plus it makes it easier to get the depth-of-field that way I want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version