Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

Timeline freeze first time used

<< < (2/2)

RolandB:
Hi all
I am digging up this topic because I have the same frozen timeline problem, and this on the different versions of 3dsMax that I have installed over time. On the 2023 it is also the case, but I do not think it comes from Corona.
As a reminder, when you move the cursor of the timeline, whether or not you are in autokey, 3dsMax freezes completely for at least a minute.

For all intents and purposes, if anyone has found a solution to this problem, I'd be happy to share it with us.
Roland

philipbonum:
So has it been confirmed this is indeed "coronabitmaps" in material libraries that does this?
I've been plagued by this issue for some time, and I have resorted to remove the timeline from my UI so I don't accidentally press it.

Can any corona devs shed som light or try this on their end? Should be quite simple to check without any scenes from us users.

I just might convert my entire library to exclusively use native bitmaps if this is the case.

romullus:
Since i upgraded to Max 2023 (now Max 2024) a year ago, i hadn't this issue once.

philipbonum:
Unfortunately not the same here experience here. I'm using a fresh install of Max 2024 and Corona 10.
(I still have several versions of Max installed though, but I'm not about to uninstall that)

Frood:
Here is what I get currently (Corona v9/v10):

Max 2023: no change, all assets are pulled from the network (-> freeze), memory usage increases to 20GB+ (empty scene)

Max 2024: all assets are pulled from the network (-> freeze), but memory usage does not increase any more

Btw: OutOfCoreCache entries (if not disabled) are generated for all assets of the material library additionally.

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version