General Category > General CG Discussion

Arrange / Distribute Objects

<< < (2/6) > >>

cjwidd:
Right, I was going to use TyFlow, but I was really hoping to avoid that; I assumed there was probably already a script floating around that maybe someone had but never shared online(?)

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: piotrus3333 on 2021-09-15, 17:56:20 ---what is missing from Array tool in 3ds max?

--- End quote ---

Honestly I don't know what's missing from it. But this - to me - is an awful tool. I have no idea what it wants, I never get the expected results.

romullus:
Array is a great tool and i use it a lot, but it doesn't do what cwidd wants. It can't take multiple existing objects and arrange them into some array. I need to test that mcg script - never felt particular need for such tool, but who knows, sometime it may come handy.

cjwidd:

--- Quote from: piotrus3333 on 2021-09-15, 17:56:20 ---what is missing from Array tool in 3ds max?

--- End quote ---

Do you mean, "How does the 3ds Max array tool not suit the intended use case?"

I think the answer is just that the array tool does not perform this function; the array tool generates an array of instances (or copies) based on the transform of the selected objects, the array tool does not *arrange* objects, which is what I'm trying to do, and what the MCG_Arrange tool used to do.

Philip kelly:
Forest pro/ Rail clone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version