Author Topic: Corona Renderer 4 for Cinema 4D daily build  (Read 55226 times)

2019-05-27, 20:01:35
Reply #150

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Our update with Daily build:

I noticed if I use "use high quailty filtering" corona needs around 310 passes to reach noise level limit 4
If I use an old Type "tend" filter, it only needs around 200 passes to reach noise level limit 4

hmm ... I'm a little confused (very high price for to me invisible difference in quality)..it's around +33% and more in render time!

Below are tests with my home old PC.

310 passes is really a lot. What is the render resolution you used. I just did a similar scene (matt and glass ball on background with HDR light @1600x900 4% noise level limit) and both scenes took only 5 and 10 passes for both HQ and tent. (tent was in time 1seconds faster)

What is you GI/AA balance settings (standard=16), when I try it with "2", I do notice the HQ filter is 50% slower then the tent.But "2" is really only needed if you need fast but grainy results. Useless for a 4% noise limit

default corona settings and 800x600 for all tests...no comment :( Ok It's an old comp...but anyway..insane render time

2019-05-27, 21:10:46
Reply #151

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
@Blaž

Don't quote me on this please but if I recall correctly you can't compare noise levels with the previous filter types. Could be totally wrong though. Devs might want to clarify :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-05-27, 21:56:50
Reply #152

minimaldesign - Blaž

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • minimaldesign
Test 3

2019-05-28, 00:12:42
Reply #153

Ales

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

new daily build is out! We added support for multiple suns, object picker in Corona VFB and we also implemented interactive rendering directly in viewport.

Apart from that we fixed several bugs, including regression in animations from last daily build.

Download the new daily build here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--L2vBzH3sFxSfdglqlHoxF9NCS2W2xU

Changelog:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=23346.msg149645#msg149645

2019-05-28, 10:37:12
Reply #154

Air Dnipro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Demo version can be for free.... =)  Ehh, sad news (

2019-05-28, 10:48:21
Reply #155

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Demo version can be for free.... =)  Ehh, sad news (

It's not a demo version, but a daily build - access to the latest features is one of the benefits of purchasing a license. Usually after a new release (once the release is final), there is an extension to the demo period so those who have tried Corona before and the 45 days have expired will get another period of time to try out Corona for free with the newest features - but without a paid license, you do have to wait for the final release for that.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-05-28, 14:52:35
Reply #156

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great job guys!
how do you enable interactive rendering on the viewport?
sorry I saw the new button in the menu
thanks
« Last Edit: 2019-05-28, 14:59:23 by fabio81 »

2019-05-28, 15:05:18
Reply #157

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just in case others don't catch it :) It's in the Corona dropdown menu in the main menu bar, Interactive Viewport. It will turn what ever viewport is set to be the render view into the IR window. You can still select objects in there, and in fact you can still manipulate them in there if you should want to as the C4D widgets are still visible (that's one thing you can't do in Max ;) )

2019-05-28, 15:59:16
Reply #158

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
Hi,

Thanks for new beta.

Multiple suns in new beta, any idea multiple suns for what... any example...?

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-05-28, 16:10:19
Reply #159

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For different times of day in one render pass (it's intended for use with LightMix). Sure you could change the color of the sun from noon to evening with LightMix before, but guess what, your sun was still coming down from the center of the sky, not at all like evening ;) Now you can set up different suns at correct angles for different times of day, and in one render get two, three or more different times of day thanks to LightMix.

EDIT or as I always like to say, also for rendering scenes on Tatooine.

2019-05-28, 16:38:54
Reply #160

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For different times of day in one render pass (it's intended for use with LightMix). Sure you could change the color of the sun from noon to evening with LightMix before, but guess what, your sun was still coming down from the center of the sky, not at all like evening ;) Now you can set up different suns at correct angles for different times of day, and in one render get two, three or more different times of day thanks to LightMix.

EDIT or as I always like to say, also for rendering scenes on Tatooine.

It is possible to use with diferente HDRIS?

2019-05-28, 16:48:15
Reply #161

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On different environments, not yet. Although this is in the core, there is the question of how to effectively implement it in the Cinema 4D UI. This may not make it into Corona 4 for C4D as a result, we shall see.

2019-05-28, 17:32:48
Reply #162

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
On different environments, not yet. Although this is in the core, there is the question of how to effectively implement it in the Cinema 4D UI. This may not make it into Corona 4 for C4D as a result, we shall see.

ok i hope you can add it in future is very usefull to be able to have diferente moods with hdris like you can do it right now with multiple suns.

2019-05-28, 20:40:04
Reply #163

artdude12

• Active Users
    • View Profile
houska,
Glad to hear the dev. on Team Render is moving along. For me Team Render in general has at times been kinda flakey (clients dropping out or not rendering at all). Have you considered developing a DR solution apart from Team Render (like the V-Ray Render Nodes)?

2019-05-30, 17:14:39
Reply #164

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team,
there's the same bug that was there before about animation and black frames but now it comes with the sun. many frames are rendered black.
I attach the file
thank you!